Product, Operating System(s), Licenses... It is not easy to understand, in a flash, what we need

Hello, I have been using 1PW for some years now in a single Mac. It seems that the version that I have is 1PW3.

Now, I want to upgrade to a version that allows to share my current password database between my Mac, an iPhone and an iPad. Although I do not consider myself as a computer litterate, I am not dumb either, and I was not able to understand, from your product page what version/configuration do I need.

Would it be very difficult to make an "interactive configurator" in which the user marks the equipments he/she wants to access with 1PW, then for each new user, their OS (and version), and finally if the user(s) have a common iCloud or Dropbox access, then the configurator determines the version and the price.

thanks

carlos

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgriell,

I'm sorry you had trouble figuring out what version(s) of 1Password you'll need! It can be a bit confusing, but I'll be happy to help.

It sounds like you mainly want to be able to sync 1Password between your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. In that case, 1Password 3 for Mac can already sync via Dropbox, so you would just need to install 1Password on your iOS devices and set them up to sync with Dropbox as well. To set up Dropbox sync in 1Password 3 for Mac, follow the steps here.

1Password 5 for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features (or you can purchase the Pro Features via in-app purchase). You can check out 1Password 5 for iOS in the App Store here. Assuming you already set up Dropbox sync on your Mac, it's very easy to sync your data from Dropbox when you setup 1Password 5 on your iOS devices: Existing 1Password user

That's really all you need to do to start syncing 1Password data between your Mac and iOS devices. If you'd like, you can also upgrade to a newer version of 1Password for Mac for our latest features and more sync options (the latest version is 1Password 5 for Mac, which requires Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite). If you have a license code for 1Password 3, you can click this link and then enter your license code to see your upgrade options and pricing: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

If you have more questions about any of that, or need help getting set up, we're here for you! :)

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

Thanks, Drew.

I have some questions... any portable product between platforms is very difficult to explain. Furthermore if the platforms have different software versions it becomes a nightmare !!! for that reason I wander if an interactive configuration sheet would not help your customers...

Say, I have an iPad 1, frozen in IOS 5.1.1
    an iPhone 4S, frozen in IOS 7.2.1
    an Mac Air running Yosemite 10.10.2

and I would like to sync 1PW in these three devices. I would like to have the last version, 1PW5 with the Pro features, but of course, it is not easy to find if the configuration I look for may be supported by 1PW5

on the other hand... would 1PW3 work on my IOS 5 iPad?

• Hi @cgriell - you are certainly correct, the variations of machines and operating systems does indeed get a bit confusing, but we are always here to help:)

In order to have 1Password 5 for iOS, you would require iOS 8, so your iPad 1 and iPhone 4S, frozen with the older iOS versions, would not be able to download 1Password 5 and have the pro features.

For the iPad 1, with iOS 5.1.1, you would have had to purchase 1Password 3 for iOS when it was available, as it was retired from iTunes and is no longer available for purchase.

For your iPhone 4S, you would first need to download 1Password 5 for iOS, on an iOS 8 device, to then be able to install version 4 on iOS 7.

As you can see, it does indeed get complicated! If you have any other questions though, we'd be glad to assist:)

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

Well, finally I got an iPhone 6, with IOS 8, so I would like to be able to install 1PW on it, to sync with Mac running Yosemite. I already have 1PW version 3 and Dropbox, so... what do I need?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgriell ,

Congratulations on the new iPhone - I hope you're loving it so far. :)

You can snag 1Password 5 for iOS from the iOS App Store. It's a free download, but there are some Pro Features available for a one-time in-app purchase that can help you get even more out of the app.

If your 1Password data is already in Dropbox, you can follow the steps in our User Guide to show 1Password on iOS where to find your data.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any questions!

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

1PW5 download hangs up when downloading from the Apple Store :(. I have tried several times, from 9 am GMT to now

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgriell ,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble here! Have you checked to ensure that your internet connection is solid? Are you getting any sort of error message?

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

Hi, Megan, thanks!

. I have an optical fiber connection at 100 Mb, I see the TV with it without any glitch.

1PW starts the download, and stops after 15 sec or less with a 75% approximately downloaded. If you do not have received other complaints for the same reason, I will check with Apple

regards

carlos

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Carlos ( @cgriell ),

I admit, I haven't heard of this issue before. I'm assuming we're talking about 1Password 5 for iOS here, correct? Are you seeing this in the App Store when you attempt to download the app, or is the icon greyed out with the installation progress wheel?

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

Hi, Megan!.

Yes, I was on the Apple Store, trying to download 1PW5 on a brand new iPhone with the last version of IOS. I saw 1PW on the Apple Store, I selected to install it, the download started, the installation progress weel went on until the position of 7 o'clock. Then it stopped, and nothing more happened. 1 PW icon was greyed out on the screen, with a text: "Installing" or something like that.

But yestarday I ran in similar problems when I tried to update some other apps, so, apparently, the problem is not in your side, but on mine (or Apple's).

So, I've done a reset of the iPhone as a new iPhone, I will restore it from the back-up and I will try again. I will keep you posted

thks

Carlos

• cgriell
    cgriell
    Community Member

Hi, Megan

I have restored everything, and I was able to download and setup 1PW.

Thank you very much for your help, when you told me that you had no notice of the issue I had, I thought that something was wrong on my side, not on yours :)

Have a nice week end

carlos

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you've managed to reach a good point where you have a working copy of 1Password wherever you need it :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.