Purchased a new computer and trying to reuse my 1Password ~ says agilekeychain is invalid

I purchased a new computer today. My first move is to re-install 1Password from my previous workstation.

The new computer is Mac OS 10.10.1
My current license for 1Password is for 3.8.22
I use Dropbox to sync between my devices so I located a folder that looked to be what I was looking for and downloaded it to the new computer but then 1Password gives me this error message: data file /.../ is incorrect or damaged

I am not sure I am following the proper procedure here. Would someone be able to guide me? Thank you so much in advance.

Comments

• Otir
    Otir
    Community Member

I thought that I had to locate it directly in the Dropbox folder and it worked. I should not have downloaded it to another location in fact.

Pretty happy now!
    :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Otir,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted out! I hope 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you. ;)

• Otir
    Otir
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Thanks @Megan for checking in the threads so consistently and for leaving a message of acknowledgment. This is really much appreciated.

As I had not set a proper notification to my mailbox (I now made the proper change for the future) I saw your message only today. Wishing you a Happy New Year 2015!

As for me I am entirely happy with my new setting, and upgraded to 1Password5 and am the happiest camper in that department!

<3 my 1Password with a passion.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Otir,

Thanks so much for the kind words, and the happiest of New Years to you as well!

This discussion has been closed.