Logging in to bank accounts

1Password seems unable to log me in to my bank accounts.

When I logged in manually to one bank account, 1Password prompted me to save the login information, but when I tested it, it gets stuck at the bank's login page and won't go further.

When I logged in manually to a second bank account, 1Password didn't even prompt me to save the login information.

I have no problems with other website accounts, just the two bank accounts.

Is this inability to log in to bank accounts a common problem for other 1Password users?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Many banks use a multiple-page login sequence.

Have you tried any of the tips in the Creating a multiple-page Login article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@gjanczyn‌ Can you share those bank URLs with us, please? Thanks!

• gjanczyn
    gjanczyn
    Community Member

@DBrown:
    I tried the multiple-page login technique, but it doesn't work either. It deals with the first page username form using a "Bank 1" 1Password login but when the second password page comes up and I invoke the "Bank 2" 1Password login, it opens a new tab and sends the password.That fails, of course, because the new tab contains a new username form from the bank.

How to make 1Password not open a new tab and simply insert the password into the current tab?

@svondutch:
    As for sharing my bank URLs, I'd be happy to share that information with you privately (email? - if you give me an address). I'd prefer not to share that information publicly on the forum.

Thanks,

George

• gjanczyn
    gjanczyn
    Community Member

@DBrown: P.S. I found the "Open login in current tab" in the Settings, but it still failed to successfully get through the password page.

• Hi gjancyn, you can send the URL to either DBrown, svondutch, or myself via private message on the forum.

Just to be sure: When you open your bank's page with the login form, and then click the 1Password button in the toolbar, are you being shown all available matching logins?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@gjanczyn‌, anyone can get the login page for any bank that does business online. Don't worry about posting the URL here.

Just don't give us your username or password!

...when the second password page comes up and I invoke the "Bank 2" 1Password login, it opens a new tab and sends the password.

It sounds you're triggering a "go and fill" of the Bank 2 Login item, rather than simply filling the second page in the login sequence.

Please try this: on the first page, press Ctrl+\ to fill the form with data in your Bank 1 Login item; when the second page appears, press Ctrl+\ again (rather than opening the extension and choosing that Login item from the menu).

Let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.