Unable to re-open 1password

I'm having an intermittent issue where I try to unlock 1password and the unlock screen pops up but before I can finish typing my password the screen disappears. I'm not always able to pull it back up and when I do the same thing happens. I have to go into the task manager and terminate the 1password related process and re-start the application to get back in. Any thoughts?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's not something I recall hearing reported, @PhoenixDown‌.

Do you have any antivirus or anti-malware software running that might be falsely identifying 1Password as a threat?

• PhoenixDown
    PhoenixDown
    Community Member

I suspect its something funky with my work laptop.

Is it possible to disable the lock altogether? I am on a rather secure laptop w/ encrypted hard drive and require a password to log on already. I already have "Unlock on Secure Desktop" checked under preferences.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've seen this reported before @DBrown. I've even had it myself once or twice, but I've never had it fail to load the second time which, iirc, the others did as @PhoenixDown‌ is reporting.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@PhoenixDown‌, there's no way to have 1Password remain unlocked forever: a new session will always have to be unlocked. You can, of course, use the settings on the General, Security, and Browsers tabs of 1Password preferences to control how and when 1Password locks during a session.

Just to eliminate low-hanging fruit, would you be willing to disable the Unlock on Secure Desktop option in preferences, leaving everything else the same, and let us know whether the problem persists?

Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.