1Password with Slimjet?

Slimjet is a browser based on Chromium. Many Chrome extensions work with it, but 1Password does not. Is there way to make it work?
Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Did you try the tip in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

There's a section titled Using an unsupported browser, like Chromium? that links to a procedure that might help.

Please let us know how it goes.

(Note that supported browsers are listed in the Requirements article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide. There is no support for browsers and builds other than those listed.)

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    That fix partially works. I am able to access 1Password via the RMB, and it does work for some sites.
    Curiously, I encountered a site where 1P populated the username and pwd, but the login failed. To troubleshoot, I opened the same site in both Chrome and Slimjet. 1P worked in Chrome but failed in Slimjet. I opened 1P and copied the pwd to the clipboard. When I pasted the pwd into SJ (using the 1P supplied username), I was able to login. That is an odd error.

Note also that 'Ctrl + \' seems to have stopped working correctly in Chrome. To be specific, if I go to a site where I have 3 logins and invoke 1P with the KBS, I get the 1P context menu, but not the 3 choices associated w/the site. If I RMB and choose 1P, the 3 choices appear at the top of the context menu.
    Thanks, this app is the most useful thing I've encountered in a long time.

• 1Password uses JavaScript to fill the information in the browser. Maybe SlimJet is limiting the ways other applications can interact with it.

The issue in Chrome might be related to the page itself or to some change in your setup. Have you installed any new extensions in recent days?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Whenever a Login stops working in a browser for which 1Password is supported, the first thing to try is saving a new one manually.

If the new one doesn't work, either, that information might be useful in tracking down the reason.

Thanks!

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Next time I run into this issue I will try that and let you know the results.

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

Well, that didn't take long... I've run into this problem on the Slimjet forum. I created a login using the 1P browser extension, and a second login manually. In both cases 1P fills in the info and then the info disappears. Both of these logins work when using 1P to log into the forum using Chrome.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the info, @pixeldroid‌. It's good to know that the Logins are working in Chrome!

Note again, though, that SlimJet is not listed in the Requirements article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

Yes I know, but with FFox not working very well, and Chrome being bloated and having an unfriendly UI, what's a geek to do? I will mention this issue on the Slimjet forum.
    Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for understanding, @pixeldroid‌!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

with FFox not working very well, and Chrome being bloated and having an unfriendly UI, what's a geek to do?

Here are the web browsers we support on Windows:

1. Internet Explorer
    2. Chrome
    3. Firefox
    4. Safari
    5. Opera
    6. Yandex
    7. WhiteHat Aviator
    8. Comodo Dragon
    9. Waterfox
  • pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

I'm impressed. Interestingly, when 1P fails to work in SlimJet, what happens is that the Login/Pwd fields are filled (at least the pwd is filled w/asterisks), but the submission fails. One consideration might be to have an option where 1P would paste the login and pwd, but not submit.
    Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

For the record, we support use of 1Password 4 for Windows with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

We accommodate its use with the others in that list, in the sense that you can install the extension, and the 1Password helper will allow it to communicate with the main 1Password program.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

One consideration might be to have an option where 1P would paste the login and pwd, but not submit.

We do have this option here:

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins
    4. Turn OFF this setting: "Auto-Submit Logins"
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @svondutch‌!

Here's a snippet from the user's guide article:

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

Thanks. So far I like Slimjet much better than Chrome, and I don't mind hitting the "submit" buttons, so I wil try that.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Great! Let us know how it goes, @pixeldroid‌.

• pixeldroid
    pixeldroid
    Community Member

So far so good. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @pixeldroid.

This discussion has been closed.