Have to pay for 1Password on each different operating system

Marksy
Marksy
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

This is a BIG rip off. They get you to buy the iPhone version and then if you want to sync it with say a PC they charge an additional $49.99 This is not what Apple should be allowing to happen. Just wish I could get the money I have already spent back. This is a good example of not buying or parting with any money like the full PRO version of something until you have tried and tested the free version DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Comments

• Marksy
    Marksy
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

You need to warn potential customers that if they want to sync the app with a PC or MAC they will have to pay a lot of money to do this operation and also it will be time limiting - so in less than 2 years you will have to pay AGAIN to get an updated version of your software

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member

Sounds like you are just the type of guy that needs to own this program.

Ignorance will not keep you from getting your money or identity stolen.

Merry Christmas!

This is best present you can give yourself lol - security from the bad guys, and your own folly :)

This is the best software security out there, glad you found it! Please prove yourself now with a bit of cussing and bad manners to complete the picture :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm not an Agilebits employee but I am a software developer so I'm not going to be diplomatic.

I'm sick and tired of people whinging and whining because they purchased something under a set of blind assumptions and feel that the vendor is somehow responsible for their lack of diligence. Why would you assume that that anything is free unless stated?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

It's probably safe to assume that a majority of folks who might reply to this thread probably feel that 1Password is a worthwhile product with sufficient value. It's unfortunate that @Marksy doesn't feel the same way, has strong feelings, and is expressing a bit of frustration. That's cool. One of the things that makes this forum very kind and generous is the tolerance of such expression from individuals every now and again.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Marksy, the fact that you can sync your 1Password data from iOS to Windows, OS X, and Android doesn't mean that you'll have the software to use on those other platforms. It's like having the ability to pass a pencil from your hand to your foot doesn't mean you'll be able to sign your name. Adobe makes software, like Illustrator, for Macs and PCs, too, and an Illustrator file can be opened and edited on both platforms, but you have to pay for the software on each platform.

We're sorry you feel cheated, though, and we'll do everything we can to solve the problem, if you'll contact us at support+licenses@agilebits.com.

Thank you for trying 1Password!

• Marksy
    Marksy
    Community Member

Sorry but you are missing my point - the issue is the way you pay a small amount for part of the whole package and then get caught with much higher end costs. I have bought plenty of apps and do not mind paying for apps or programs BUT do object where the end price is much higher than originally projected. For your information Apple agree to give me a full refund. Judging by the number of negative comments on Apples web site I can see I am not alone - just wanted to make a point to warn others. I am now going with a competitor who is up front about ALL their costs.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

And you're missing the point that Apple to do not sell 1Password for Windows, nor 1Password for Android. Why would you expect to get software on two different platforms with a single purchase one of those platforms? I've never heard of that sort of thing on iOS or Android.

Your argument is like complaining that you don't get an FTP server included with an purchased FTP client. Just because the software you purchased can communicate with another bit of software does not mean you get that other bit of software included, even if it is written by the same people.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Nothing more constructive is being added to this thread. Maybe we should close it for now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@MrC's right.

@Marksy, thank you for trying 1Password!

@RichardPayne, thank you for trying to explain industry-standard licensing policy.

This discussion has been closed.