1Password unresponsive, browser wild

I have 1Password running on several WIN and Mac systems. I am having problems with one WIN7 machine. It started with 1Password failing to open from either the program or browser and Firefox reporting a "missing Helper". I went through all the suggested checks i.e. (extensions, Trend AV), and tried uninstalling and reinstalling "1password4" and "Firefox". Nothing seemed to fix it and now, when I try to use 1Password, I have a new issue with Firefox running away with itself by opening multiple tabs at one second intervals while trying to connect to <onepassword4-extension://activate/Firefox> . The only way to stop Firefox is to use Task manager and crash it. For information: In Firefox Extensions I have 1Password 4.2.5 installed and not disabled.

At earlier times, when trying to start 1Password, the login screen has briefly appeared but disappeared before any input could be made. An attempt to open it as a program after this, gets no response. Any attempt to open it from the browser icon puts it into the same problem loop described above.

Reinstalling 1Password appears to be progressing normally and I can direct it to my agile keychain.exe folder, but it them reverts to the problems described above.

Any thoughts on the problem?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@RBsquared‌, can you confirm that you've followed the steps in this article?

If that didn't (doesn't) help, please send us a diagnostics report, attached to a message to support+windows@agilebits.com, and include the URL of this forum thread, so we can connect them.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "my agile keychain.exe folder"?

Thank you!

• RBsquared
    RBsquared
    Community Member

I have followed the article re Trend AV. My exception list includes <C:\Program files (x86)\1Password4>

What I meant by, "directing it to my agilekeychain.exe folder", relates to re-installing 1Password, then selecting "I have used 1Password before" which then allowed me to direct it to a folder on a NAS drive which contains my passwords data. I have also tried re-installing 1Password using the option, " I am new to 1Password" . In both instances, trying to open 1 Password from my desktop icon or from the program folder, results in a spinning "wait" icon for a few seconds, then nothing.

Additonal: After re-installing 1 Password, On first clicking the browser icon in Firefox, I get the message "Secure Desktop" <1Password has detected an unknown process. C:\Windows|SysWOW64\cftmon.exe> with options to "allow" or "deny". My limited research suggests this is related to legacy Windows processes?

If you could give me steps for obtaining the diagnostic report you refer to above, I will attach it to a message and send it to support+windows@agilebits.com

Thanks, RBsquared

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In the main program, choose Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File.

Sending a diagnostics report

This discussion has been closed.