Ctrl+\ not working in Yandex Browser

In 4.1.0.530 you added support Yandex Browser (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4). But Ctrl+\ HotKey isn't working. All setting is right.

I use 4.1.0 Beta 533, Extension 4.2.5.90 or 4.3.0.3 (Beta)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yandex isn't technically among the browsers for which support is available, but a bit of info might help with a quick solution:

What's the setting of the Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature toggle in 1Password?

Does the 1Password "button" appear in the Yandex browser tool bar?

If it does:

• What happens when you click on it?

• Does anything happen when you press Ctrl+\ in Yandex?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Hello.

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature = On

The 1Password "button" in browser is active and work. The 1password fill login correct, but I must choose the login in the 1password buttons menu.

When I pressed Ctrl+\ doesn't happens anything.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, you could try temporarily disabling the code signature verification, just to see whether it makes a difference. Let us know, if you do. The fact that clicking on the button works as expected makes me doubt that'll do the trick.

The good news is that you can still use the button to get access to your Login items. The bad news is that Yandex isn't among the browsers for which support is available.

Perhaps someone else using Yandex will spot this thread and offer a suggestion.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

As I understand it, the extension has nothing to do with handling the Ctrl+\ key press. The browser helper process is the part listening for the keypress and is also the part that displays the menu. The only time the extension is involved is after the helper has matched a login and needs to instruct the extension to fill the page.

@Spn13‌
    Try restarting the helper using the option on the 1Password main app's help menu.

Incidentally, does Ctrl+Alt+\ display the menu?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

@RichardPayne‌

Incidentally, does Ctrl+Alt+\ display the menu?
    Yes

Try restarting the helper using the option on the 1Password main app's help menu.

I tried.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to have to mention that Yandex is not one of the browsers for which support is available, but I'll leave the thread open in case any of your fellow users has further suggestions.

Thanks for @RichardPayne for his friendly assistance!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@Spn13‌
    Do you have any logins with more than one url? If so, try Ctrl+\ on one of them. Do you get the menu?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

@RichardPayne‌ Yes, I have now. But I think that, this promblen not depends on that. I tried delete it.

And I Have the same problen in Google Chrome - 1Password can autofill logins for only first url.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

If you want to fill logins for multiple urls on a login then you need to turn on the "Lenient URL Matching" option on the Logins tab in the main 1Password app's Preferences window.

What I was driving up was trying to pin down the point of failure. If Ctrl+\ displays the menu for a multiple match login (or you could duplicate an existing login) then we know that the keypress handler is good and we know that the helper is reading the vault properly. That would leave the only scenario that is not working as the Ctrl+\ that leads directly to an auto-fill with no prompt. That would tend to imply a socket connection issue between the helper and the extension. This would be a little odd given that it works if you click the button.

If, however, the Ctrl+\ displays with no matching sites at the top of the menu then it's got to be that it's not actually matching the active url. @svondutch how does it does this? Does it talk to the extension of does it use API functions to scan the active window in some way?

If Ctrl+\ does not display the menu at all for multiple matches then you have problem with the Ctrl+\ hook. We know that Ctrl+Alt+\ is working so it would have to be something specific with Ctrl+\. Do you use any keyboard accelerators or custom/gaming keyboards?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Ctrl+\ does not display the menu at all for multiple and single matches. I don't use any keyboard accelerators. In Chrome Ctrl + \ work correctly. I tried set another hotkeys, but the situation is the same.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

In that case it does sound like a Yandex problem. Sorry.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

No problem. I am migrating on Chrome :) Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Spn13‌, please let us know if you have any problem with Chrome.

Thanks again for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.