Pizza Hut?

I can't get 1Password to save my username and password for http://www.pizzahut.com. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kelly

Comments

• Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    Kelly H wrote:

I can't get 1Password to save my username and password for http://www.pizzahut.com. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kelly

try manually saving it:

1. Type in the username and password but do not click on the login/submit button
    2. Click the 1Password icon in the browser
    3. Select Save Login
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    When I try to manually save mine and then have 1P fill it this string pops up in the user name section.
    {"DhtmlHistory_pageLoaded": true, "login": undefined}

and the password doubles in length from my set password
  • Logic Bus
    Logic Bus
    Community Member
    Kelly H wrote:

Thanks,
    Kelly

Pizzahut.com also doesn't seem to work with "Go & Fill Login." Pizzahut.com's login page uses AJAX -- it doesn't have a login form right away. Maybe if we could tell 1Password to wait for a few seconds (or until the page is finished doing all its AJAX calls) before it tries to fill in the login form?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    You are correct, Logic Bus. The form will need to be visible in order for 1Password to fill it, so there is no way that Go & Fill can do what it needs to do. There is not a direct URL to the login form, only to the page which contains the login form and requires a manual click. The site will need to be redesigned to either have a standard login form or at least a standards-compliant pop-up/overlay. The Twitter home page is an example of one such site.

If you are still having trouble apart from Go & Fill, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide. Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

So, to reiterate, you will need to click the "Sign In" link to make the login form visible before attempting to log into the site. 1Password should be able to fill the form without error at that point.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • nzifnab
    nzifnab
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    I still can't get it to work. I tried putting in the username/password on the form and then going into 1password and saving it manually, but then going back to the page and trying to fill out the form using 1password (and making sure the Submit option is set to 'never', it doesn't fill anything out. I looked at the data 1password saved and it stored a username/password value, but using firebug's inspect option the 'name' value that it set for each of the form fields is different than the 'id' value I see on the form I'm attempting to fill out, and the username/password are instead set to the default 'hint' display values that the fields show like "Enter username". I tried editing them to match and putting my correct username/password in, but pizzahut.com does some really weird crap with javascript (it's total trash in my opinion) so when I tried to fill it out with 1password this time, it filled out the password field but put nothing in the username field. Deleting the password from the field reveals that for some unknown reason the 'default' text now contains my username, instead of the username field containing it.

Not sure if any of that made sense, but it looks like the pizzahut.com site loads up jQuery so I was able to execute the following from this page via the firebug console: https://quikorder.pizzahut.com/phorders3/index.php#login (this brings up the login form for you):

(function($){
      // This is for delivery
      $('#delivery_selected_radio').trigger('click');

// We have an account, click the 'Sign in link'
      $('#delivery_entry_signin').trigger('click');

// Fill in username field (for some reason 1password fails miserably at filling this out)
      $('#si_input_username').val('USERNAME');

// Fill in password field (the password itself is stored in the first one, when the user focuses
      // the second one it hides and shows the real password field)
      $('#generic_input_password_type_password').val('PASSWORD');
      $('#generic_input_password_type_text').trigger('focus');

// Clicks sign in button
      $('#si_btn_continue').trigger('click');
    })(jQuery);

There should be ways to call javascript via 1Password for tricky sites and savvy users that can figure out what needs to be filled out when 1password can't do it :)

I don't suppose this functionality exists? Or is possible as a feature request? :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Egads. I think PizzaHut.com has it in for us. :lol: It looks like they changed the code on the site in the past six months.

I will pass this along to the developers as a personal challenge. Thanks for bringing this up again. What a great site to test against! It's like testing a car's safety by driving it off a cliff.

I can't get it to work properly on any level in any browser on any platform. Well done, Pizza Hut. You may have won the battle, but you have not won the war!
This discussion has been closed.