Versions currently running:
Mac: 5.0.2 (502007)
I heavily rely on 1Password on both Mac and Windows platforms. I have found that I have to grab a Mac to certain things or grab a PC to do other things just within 1Password.
Exists in Windows but missing from Mac:
- Ability to launch full app from browser extensions or mini-app (in notification bar)
- Ability to fully edit Logins; ie Add/Change/Remove fields
- For example: save a login from a website and 1P sometimes captures all kinds of other fields not necessary later causing login issues. In Windows I can delete those fields out... or edit them (when the site changes)... or add additional ones (like additional security questions). On a Mac I have found that sometimes a few of those are removable (and if removeable, value can be edited but not the field name) but usually not viewable/editable/removable... but actionable (as in the browser extensions still parse that data and tries to fill it in on the website).
Exists in Mac but missing from Windows (aside from what I have interpreted as obvious v4 to v5 deltas):
- Ability to create/edit Generated Password (saved item vs function)
- On Mac I have saved the password to my GPG, SSH, SSL or other unique device/function/file keys
- On Windows I can see those saved items, view & copy the password, but not edit them or create them.
- Ability to anchor an item to the screen
- My company uses LDAP for nearly all of its authentication however most of their apps/integrations are web based.
- Some sites (pardon my trampling all over terms as I don't remember what they are called anymore) use post forms for authentication (which 1P works great in)
- Other sites pop-up the authentication challenge (as in a application drawn dialog box vs the previously mentioned web form)
- On the Mac I can anchor the item and access it quickly... on Windows I cannot
- This really comes into play in browsers that prevent further interaction with the browser (ie click on extension buttons) until the dialog box is closed (via Ok, Cancel, etc)
- In Windows I end up having to launch the full app, authenticate, and then dig (ie search) up the login item. A bit of the pain when you are doing this 3-5 times an hour (well except maybe launching the full app part) because you password is not memorizable as it has been randomized and extended to maximum length to keep it as secure as possible.
Geeky Feature Request for a future release:
- OTP Integration - Specifically to unlock 1P to access a vault.
- Option in the full app or the browser extension to use a OTP instead (or in addition to) of a master password
- Mobile devices could use that OTP (and/or master password) to authenticate the vault to the device and allow TouchID or other biometric type for non-Apple devices to unlock the vault
- OTP Integration - Generate OTP from received keys/tokens/certificates (ie Google Authenticator or Duo... RSA is probably a pipe dream but why not)
- Enabling 1P (whether from full app, browser extension, or mobile device) to pass my OTP to appropriate apps or websites
- Enabling the user to use 1P for their OTP instead of having a bunch of other apps for them or having the OTP available on their desktop vs having to grab their mobile device or fob to login every time
Thanks for making 1Password great!