sync 1password 4 to 1password 3

does anyone know if its possible and if it is, how to sync my 1psw 4 data to 1psw 3 ? (I have both installed on my mac the 3 version i need to sync with my older iphone 3gs)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregriot,

I'm not quite sure I understand which version you have on which device, so let's get that straightened out first. We just might be able to make this work for you! ;)

Please let me know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password. We'll go from there.

• gregriot
    gregriot
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    I have 1password 4.4.3 and 1password 3.8.14 on my mac installed... both working.... on my Iphone I have 1password 3.7.2 (iphone 3 gs) installed.
    I want to know if Its possible to sync the data I have in 1password 4.4.3 to the 3.8.14 version of 1password on my computer.... (this would allow me to sync all the added and new passwords on my iphone 3gs since it only syncs with the 3.8.14 version. (i do not want to buy a new iphone)

• gregriot
    gregriot
    Community Member

operating system: mac OSX 10.9.5

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregriot‌

Thanks for confirming that for me, I think I understand now! To keep your 1Password data synced up between 1Password 4 on your Mac and 1Password 3 on your iOS device, we will need to use 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary. Here's what we'll do:

• Use Dropbox or Folder Sync on 1Password 4 on your Mac to sync up with 1Password 3 for Mac.
    • Use Wi-Fi Sync to keep your iOS device in sync with 1Password 3.

Please let me know if you need more specific instructions on how to set up Dropbox or Folder Sync between 1Password 4 and 1Password 3 on your Mac. If you do want some extra steps, please let me know where your most up-to-date data is stored: is it in 1Password 3 or 1Password 4? And is it currently synced using any solution?

This discussion has been closed.