1Password not working for many sites

I am new to 1Password so I may be doing something wrong. I have it working for many of my sites, but there are certain sites where the auto created login doesn't work, including this forum site.

When I log in for the first time, 1Password autosaves the information but not sure what about it is not making it work. Do I need to edit certain parts? If so, what do I need to edit and how do I know what values to give them?

Comments

• Supawiz6991
    Supawiz6991
    Community Member

What Browser are you using? What version of 1Password? What OS?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

...and what version of the 1Password extension do you have in that browser, please?

Could you also list a couple of other sites where 1Password has auto-saved a Login item but cannot use the saved credentials to fill the login form?

Finally, can you describe the steps you follow to use one of those saved Login items?

Thank you!

• d3sperad0
    d3sperad0
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Browser: Chrome

Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional

1Password Version 4.1.0.530

Sites that aren't working:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/

https://www.nysaves.org/nytpl/auth/authenticationUserNameAction.do

I am letting 1Password create the login profile when it prompts me to do so when I login.

Also, this site doesn't work in that, when I log in, it won't even prompt me to save a login profile.

tdautofinance.com

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

There are sites that "defy" 1Password's effort to detect submission of a login form, so it doesn't offer to save a Login item. When that happens, the first thing to try is saving a Login item manually.

That said, I just went to this forum's login form in Chrome, entered a fake address and password, and submitted the form; 1Password immediately asked me to unlock my vault so it could save a Login item:

So I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in that case.

Please let us know whether the fall-back method works for you, @d3sperad0‌.

• d3sperad0
    d3sperad0
    Community Member

DBrown, I did let 1Password create the Login profile for me as it prompted me to save it when I logged into this forum using this address, https://discussions.agilebits.com/, as shown in your screen shot.

But did you try using the saved profile to log back into the site? Does it open that "Sign In" window? For me, it gets me to the site, but does not open that "Sign In" popup window.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@d3sperad0‌ no, that won't work. The problem is that the username and password fields do not exist on the home page before the sign in button is clicked. There's various Javascript handlers that dynamically generate the sign in form and insert it into the home page's object model. So, when 1Password opens the page and tries to fill, it can't find the login fields because they don't exist yet. It has no facility for "clicking" the sign in link first.

I've always found it horribly ironic that 1Password doesn't operate properly on it's own website!
    You need to manually click the login link and then press Ctrl+\ to fill the newly created login fields.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I've always found it horribly ironic that 1Password doesn't operate properly on it's own website!

In fairness, we didn't develop the forum software. :neutral_face:

The technology used for its login form continues to stymie 1Password, at least for the time being.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No, but you did choose it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• d3sperad0
    d3sperad0
    Community Member

Ok, so the question on why it doesn't work on this forum site answered.

Next. What about on sites where the login and the password are entered on different pages. Typically, those sites make you enter a login on one page and it takes you to another page for the password. Is there anything I need to know about sites like that?

• d3sperad0
    d3sperad0
    Community Member

RP, that worked. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

User's guide FTW. :D

Thanks, @RichardPayne‌!

This discussion has been closed.