Questions about version 4

I bought Windows version 1 in 2012. About menu shows I have version 1.0.9.342. A few questions:

1. I downloaded the new Windows version 4 and began the install. There was no indication a previous version was installed and thus there was no prompt to 'upgrade'. Appears to simply be a new install. So - can I actually upgrade? Or do I need to uninstall my current version first and then install the new version 4 as a fresh install? What is the recommended procedure for an upgrade?
  2. What about the browser plugins? Can those be upgraded or do I need to uninstall/reinstall?
  3. As I purchased v1 back in 2012, I assume I need to pay an upgrade fee?
  4. Will this new version 4 still sync (via DropBox) with my iOS version 5.1.2 on iOS 8.1.2?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1, 2, and 3. Please see Upgrading from version 1, also accessible from the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

4. Please see Setting up Dropbox sync in the user's guide.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

What is the recommended procedure for an upgrade?

It is up to you. You can un-install the old version, or you can keep it. The new version is designed to peacefully co-exist with the old version.

What about the browser plugins?

We recommend that you un-install the version 3 browser extension and then install the version 4 browser extension here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

As I purchased v1 back in 2012, I assume I need to pay an upgrade fee?

I'm afraid you do. The upgrade is FREE for everyone who purchased his/her license key in 2013 or 2014.

Will this new version 4 still sync (via DropBox) with my iOS version 5.1.2 on iOS 8.1.2?

Yes!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

It is up to you. You can un-install the old version, or you can keep it. The new version is designed to peacefully co-exist with the old version.

We recommend that you un-install the version 3 browser extension and then install the version 4 browser extension here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

I'm afraid you do. The upgrade is FREE for everyone who purchased his/her license key in 2013 or 2014.

Please see Upgrading from version 1, also accessible from the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

Yes!

Please see Setting up Dropbox sync in the user's guide.

This discussion has been closed.