1Password does not work

I bought 1Password on 12/25. Once unlocked, all it does is saves passwords in repository but does not do anything to login. I was expecting it would fillout the login/password.
Is there a customer support number? Where would I write for credit if it does not work for me?
I use it on Windows 7 professional

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In what way is it not working, @samji?

Specifically, now that 1Password has successfully saved your login credentials for a few sites, what steps do you take to use those saved Login items at their respective web sites?

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

If I invoke 1password with "ctrl \" to come to https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin, I would expect it would fill in login/password - the sole purpose for this program. It did not work on almost all the sites I tried - schwab.com, fidelity.com, mail.google.com

• Secondly I tried to make folders like you have shown in the help menu. When I edit an entry, I do not see that option. I would have loved to have categories or folders
    • I intended to sync with drop box, get up and running with 1password on laptop and mobile by now. In one week I can't even manage for it to work on my laptop (Windows 7 pro), 1password 4.1.0.530
  • RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

If I invoke 1password with "ctrl \" to come to https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin, I would expect it would fill in login/password

Which browser are you using? If its Chrome or Firefox, have you installed the browser extension? If not, you can do so from the Browsers tab in the Preferences window in the main app.
    If you're using IE then go to the same tab and make sure that the checkbox is ticked.

Secondly I tried to make folders like you have shown in the help menu. When I edit an entry, I do not see that option.

You don't assign a login to a folder by editing the login. Simply drag and drop the login from the "All" folder to the destination folder.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@samji, please take a few minutes to go through the Quick Start section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, accessible from the Help menu in the main program.

It contains the bare minimum information you need, in order to use 1Password successfully.

Then scan the table of contents for information, such as "Working with folders and tags," that look interesting.

• samji
    samji
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response

1. I have installed FF and Chrome extensions.

2. 1Password annoyingly prompts to save every time I log in manually, but does not help me login. So far it is an extra piece of inconvenience as I log into my multiple email and trading accounts frequently.

3. When I go to 1Password application to open a saved login, it merely opens a tab in the browser for the site but does not login

4. I will worry about tags and folders if the basics work, which I checked the manual but I still struggle

I was hoping to have a remote login help. It is 10 days and I am unable to use.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

2. 1Password is designed to do just that: prompt you to allow it to save a Login item for each new site you log in to. That's one of its most important features. Of course, it's supposed to log in for you, too, on subsequent visits to those sites. Can you tell us a couple of sites where you've allowed it to save a Login item for you, but it won't use the saved credentials to fill in the form, the next time you visit the same site?

3. It sounds like you're double-clicking on the Login item in the list area. As explained in the user's guide, you can control what happens when you double-click on a Login item. As documented in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, the control is on the General tab of 1Password preferences. As described elsewhere in the user's guide, you can also click on the Edit icon in the details area to edit the selected item.

4. We've been trying to help since you started the thread on Jan. 2, and we'll continue for as long as you need us.

Thank you for using 1Password!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

On point 2, if it is repeatedly prompting to save then surely that would mean that there is no matching item in the vault. @samji, assuming that you are navigating to the login page manually and then pressing Ctrl+\ then can you supply the url from the web browser and the url from the 1Password login item that you think you have saved for it.

On point 3, @DBrown I think you missed @samji's point. He's double clicking and expecting it to load in the browser and then automatically login. This does not work right now, but it should as has been discussed previously. Any news on the fix for that bug?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

On point 2...

Yes, that's what I was saying, as well.

He's double clicking and expecting it to load in the browser and then automatically login.

Perhaps so.

This does not work right now, but it should as has been discussed previously. Any news on the fix for that bug?

None.

• samji
    samji
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Hi
    Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried both - going from the 1password application, and "ctrl + \". Neither inserted password ever. I uninstalled/reinstalled the application. The sites I use are

• email - gmail/yahoo mails
    • trading houses - schwab, etrade, fidelity
    • credit cards - americanexpress, capitalone, chase

Since it does not fill in the password, but comes in my way of inserting passwords manually by popping in to save password every single time, I am thinking of uninstalling this application.

It seems it would not work for me. There is no live support. I appreciate your help but what you suggest should have happened does not happen. I don't know where to go from here.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

How were those Login items created, @samji?

Did you save them manually in the browser extension or create them (through the New Item tool) in the main 1Password program?

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

when I login, 1password screen pops up prompting to save. It keeps on saving but does not help me login the next time. I have tried both - ctrl-\, and going through the 1password interface->login. If I explicitly go through the second option, it puts me to the link but does not fill in the login details. Browsers I tried are Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

I am thinking of uninstalling as it is an extra button I have to click after login to save it in 1password, which does not help login but comes in the way of every single logins

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

Pl. let me know where to contact for inactivating and refund, this product has just been annoyance for me.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you're not willing to let us figure out what's going wrong, @samji, please send a message to support+refunds@agilebits.com, and someone will help you as soon as possible.

Either way, we appreciate your trying 1Password!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@doubleb62‌, I see that you've already gotten started on the road to a solution in this other thread, so I've pulled your reply out of this one, in which I still hope we'll be able to help @samji.

Thanks!

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

My comment of not working on "@doubleb62" is removed. Thanks for your help, but as you can see it did not work for me. I have sent email to both support and refunds@agilebits.com. Wish there was more interactive session where someone could see why or how it does not work with remote session. Though I understand it may not be cost effective support on your end.

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

refunds@agilebits.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain agilebits.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [2a00:1450:400c:c07::1a].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@samji You should use the address that @DBrown gave you:

support+refunds@agilebits.com

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @RichardPayne. :)

• samji
    samji
    Community Member

Thank you, I wrote at support+refunds@agilebits.com

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Someone will help you as soon as possible. Thanks again for your interest in 1Password, @samji.

This discussion has been closed.