Vectra Bank

Please advise how to manually code the Name, Type and Designation for Vectra Bank, for only a Business Account Log-In. The logon page has two sections - Personal Account Log-In and Business Account Log-in - and thus two fields for "Password". 1Password fills in the Personal Account Log-In "password", rather than the Business Account Log-In "password". The Company ID and User ID in the Business Account Log-In are filled in correctly, despite the "User ID" field also in both types of logons. https://www.vectrabank.com/

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'll have to defer to someone with access to the code, but I suspect that right now that page can not be filled. The reason is that it is terribly coded. Both password fields have the same id attribute. This is technically legal, but is generally considered to be bad practice.

What's happening here is that 1Password is trying to fill the field "privateCred1" and is finding the first instance of it in the Personal Account Log-in section.

Potentially, 1Password could scan for duplicate IDs and, if found, record the parent id too and rescan. Repeat the above until a unique path if found. If no parent IDs exist then try again with a path derived from the tag names and if that fails, with a path derived from the tag types.

Alternatively, I suppose they could just record the instance number. ie: 1st, 2nd or 3rd instance of the specific id.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@SkylandCaddyDaddy‌, you might try editing your saved Login for that site (in the main 1Password program) to enable the Use auto-type in browser option. Then, when you visit the web site, place the insertion point in the Business Account Log-in username field, and press Ctrl+\.

Let us know whether that works for you!

• SkylandCaddyDaddy
    SkylandCaddyDaddy
    Community Member

Vectra claims that they are revamping their logon page and it should be out soon.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

OK—let us know if you need any assistance with the new version...or if you have any feedback on our earlier suggestions.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.