How to find data after clean reinstall

Had to do a clean reinstall of my W7 laptop, have my 1P data synced via Dropbox with a Mac desktop...how do I download data? (entered license into fresh install of 1P but desktop is in another location can't access for now). Thanks

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You simply need to install Dropbox on your W7 laptop and then, when it's sync the vault down, open the vault from the Dropbox folder using 1Password for Windows.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you install Dropbox and let it finish copying your 1Password down from your private dropbox.com web site before installing 1Password, the installer should even detect the existing vault and offer to open it for you.

• MikesAgileBits
    MikesAgileBits
    Community Member

1Password for Windows (new laptop) will not open Dropbox data. Any solutions?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

You're sure that your local Dropbox folder hierarchy on the new laptop contains the correct .agilekeychain folder, that Dropbox has finished copying it from your private dropbox.com web site, and that you've selected that .agilekeychain folder (not its parent directory or a subdirectory or file within it) in the Browse for Folder dialog box?

This discussion has been closed.