1password 4 is clunky. Menu hangs and sticks amongst other things.

Hi

Using 1password and upgraded to 4. Had problems with Google Chrome on the latest stable release of the password extension. These are:

1. Menu hung and wouldn't respond to mouse clicks. Installed the latest Beta and the password recognition, while still slow, has improved but the menu still sticks.
  2. Continued clicks of the mouse keep bringing up the menu even when not needed.
  3. Other windows become unresponsive as well.
  4. I've also uninstalled Adblock Plus which is frustrating as I never had a problem with the version before 4.
  5. Also why does the extension need to open a new tab to tell you it's loading.
  6. Why do I have to go to a black screen to enter my master password if 1password is locked.

It's all very clunky after changing to 1password 4!! Has anyone else gone through this?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've also uninstalled Adblock Plus which is frustrating as I never had a problem with the version before

I've not had a problem with Adblock. Perhaps you could be more precise about what problem you were seeing.

Also why does the extension need to open a new tab to tell you it's loading.

It only does that once, when it is first installed. The only time I heard of it doing otherwise was someone wiping all browser data on a regular basis.

Why do I have to go to a black screen to enter my master password if 1password is locked.

I assume you have the "Unlock on a Secure Desktop" option turn on in the Browsers tab in Preferences. You can turn this off if you like but you put yourself more at risk of keyloggers discovering your master password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@winston84‌, items 1 through 4, taken together, sound like something is blocking the helper from communicating with the 1Password extension or the main 1Password program.

If you're seeing item 5 often, it may be that the helper (having been prevented from running) is displaying the message again each time you try to use the extension.

Have you tied all the tips in the Trouble-shooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Window knowledgebase?

• winston84
    winston84
    Community Member

No, but I'll try that now. Thanks.

• winston84
    winston84
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Ok as soon as I disabled code signature verification everything sped up and 1password is now acting as I want it. Perfect. :)

I'm using Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 m and the 1Password Beta 4.3.0.5 extension.

I'm also using Windows Defender for AV/spyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.4.1028 for malware.

Thanks. I'll repost if anymore problems pop up.

• winston84
    winston84
    Community Member

Reinstalled AdBlock Plus and the menu hang issue appears to have returned. Each click of the mouse brings the menu up where the click occurred. Went back to the start screen and clicks unresponsive on tiles although all opened back on the desktop below the Start screen. Odd.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As noted here, there's no certainty that uninstalling and re-installing Adblock Plus will solve the problem. Might you have what could be considered a "nonstandard installation of AdBlock Plus"? (I confess that I don't know what they'd call nonstandard...perhaps just not accepting the default settings?)

I'm sorry that I don't understand the part about clicks on tiles. Are you running 1Password in modern/metro/app mode? It requires desktop mode in Windows 8.x.

This discussion has been closed.