Why Must I Enter Password When Switching B/w Vaults in Windows But Not on Mac?

Hello, perhaps it's just a setting I've overlooked, but when I switch between vaults (my primary and a vault I created to share with another person) on my Macbook I do not have to enter a password...but when I switch between those vaults on my desktop PC version of 1Password (v4), it prompts me to enter each vault's password every time when switching between them.

I'd prefer to not have to enter the 2nd vault's password anymore as I've already authenticated it by logging in with it once...can anyone help with this or is this maybe a Windows version drawback not found in Mac's v5?

Thanks!!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Yep, it's a difference in the way 1Password works on the two pkatforms.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

As noted in the user's guide, 1Password for Windows does not include the concept of "primary" and "secondary" vaults. Each vault stands alone and must be unlocked using its individual master password. You can have open only one vault at a time.

1Password for Mac has an internal database that makes it much easier to implement a different strategy, and we understand that many customers find that strategy—opening multiple vaults with a single master password—more convenient.

• djaber
    djaber
    Community Member

Thanks very much for your clarifications, sirs. I appreciate you taking the time to respond! Sounds as though I like the Mac version more than the a Windows version, but I'll have to live with both. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @djaber‌!

We're continuously improving both versions, but they're developed and maintained by different groups for different operating systems, so I believe there will always be such differences. We hope the benefits of cross-platform access to your data, strongly secured and enhancing your "life on the web," will continue to outweigh these inconveniences.

This discussion has been closed.