1Password4 functionality is not working properly and Google Chrome extension button does not work

I installed the Google Chrome extension, but when I visit a website & click the 1Password button (top right corner), nothing happens at all. Also, when I go to website & hit "control \" I have to manually select the correct website/login that I had previously set up (URL, username, password). In other words, It doesn't enter the username/password when I visit the site & do control . I have to sort through all the logins that I already set up. The functionality is very limited compared to the videos I have seen about 1Password & when I get help from other satisfied 1Password users. Would it make sense to uninstall and then reinstall 1Password4?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

From your screen shot, it looks like clicking the 1Password button in the browser's toolbar is displaying the extension menu. Is that not the case?

As for having to select a Login from the menu, when you already have a Login item for the site: Did you allow the 1Password extension to save the Login item for you, as recommended, or did you create it in the main 1Password program?

If the latter, please try the former—it allows 1Password to more exactly match credentials to the fields in which they need to go on the login form, and it allows 1Password to correctly record the URL of the login form, which should lead to more success in matching the URL in the saved Login to the URL of the login form.

I hope that helps, @FredD. Please let us know how it goes.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@FredD‌ Please launch 1Password and then turn OFF this setting:

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• FredD
    FredD
    Community Member

Turning off the verify web browser code signature setting fixed it. Thank You!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @FredD‌.

Please note that, with web browser code signature verification disabled, you'll want to be very careful that you get browser updates only from trusted sources, because 1Password won't be checking to make sure it's communicating with the actual browser, rather than some hacked version of the browser. If you stick to trusted sources—Google for Chrome, Mozilla for Firefox, and so on—you should be alright.

• se_we
    se_we
    Community Member

@svondutch: Thank you so much. Solved the problem for me too! Searched days for a solution.
    @DBrown‌: You are right. Do you have another solution?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm afraid not, @se_we‌, other than being extra careful.

Everyone here wishes we knew what the problem is, so we could work on determining whether there's anything we can do to solve it.

This discussion has been closed.