Activation Problems: "Error parsing response from server during license activation"

Hello,

I am trying to activate my copy of 1password 4.1.530 on my work computer but some of the corporate security configurations must be interfering with the process.

My problem is similar to the one in this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/3631/error-parsing-response

When I attempt to activate the product after inputting my license key and clicking okay, an internet explorer window prompts me to enter a save location for an activate.json file that contains {"status":"LICENSE_NOT_FOUND"}. I have poked around in these forums for a bit and found some people who seem to have a similar situation but none of the things that have been said to have worked are working for me.

The most common solution has been to change the proxy settings to "No Proxy Server" or to manually input the corporate settings. I have tried the no proxy server setting with no success and my company's IT representative said "I am sorry but I do not have any information to provide to you" when I inquired about the corporate proxy settings.

Are there any other ways to activate this product?

Thanks

[Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit]

Comments

• juhbrony
    juhbrony
    Community Member

After discussing it with a college I was able to determine the correct proxy settings as indicated in previous cases, seemed to resolve my problem.

• juhbrony
    juhbrony
    Community Member

I would like to further add that there was an additional step taken in case someone gets confused by this when troubleshooting in the future. I had been omitting the dashes when typing the licence key, the dashes are necessary.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @juhbrony‌. We always recommend copying the license key from our e-mail message and pasting it into the registration dialog box. That way, you avoid any typing errors.

I believe the dialog box accepts the license key with or without the dashes; but copy-and-paste is still the simplest solution.

• leonlyon0
    leonlyon0
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

I had the same issue, but it seems to be working now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @leonlyon0‌.

This discussion has been closed.