1Password on new laptop will not open/sync with Dropbox data

I installed 1Password and Dropbox on a Windows laptop. I set something up wrong because 1Password will not open the file in Dropbox. The data is in Dropbox--I opened it with IE11. I have another Desktop PC, an iPad, and an iPhone and they sync fine. I did the move to dropbox in 1Password. What did I do wrong? How to do a clean install with both programs?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Just shutdown 1Password, disconnect Dropbox from your account, clean up the old Dropbox folder and then re-connect it. Wait for the data to be synced down and then open it in 1Password.

Before you do that though, what precisely is it doing now?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

The only 1Password-related file you can in IE is 1Password.html, the "doorway" to our 1PasswordAnywhere feature.

It is contained in a .agilekeychain folder, which is what you need the main 1Password program to open.

Be sure you're selecting that .agilekeychain folder (typically named 1Password.agilekeychain) in the Browse for Folder dialog box that appears when you choose the File > Open 1Password Vault command in the main 1Password program.

This discussion has been closed.