Chrome Extension disappeared

I've been using 1Password for a while & it's great. A few weeks ago, my Chrome extension disappeared & I have re-installed it but can't get it to work. I've read the support information but it's not making sense to me. The error message I get says the helper isn't working. I'm not able to access my bank account & really need help with this! Thanks!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

To get into your bank you can just copy and paste the username and password from the main 1Password app; bypass the extension although.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@lkjellison‌, did you install any antivirus or similar software or browser plug-in around the same time?

Have you tried the Help > Restart 1Password Helper command?

Have you tried the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• lkjellison
    lkjellison
    Community Member

I'm using a computer a friend installed Linux on, so there is no antivirus software on it. I will check the troubleshooting tips on my Windows computer and see if that's helpful. Thanks.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Ah, Linux. That is sort of key information!
    You need to turn off browser verification: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/disabling-code-sig-verification

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Note that disabling code signature verification lowers your security, as explained in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

If you implement this workaround, please be sure to obtain browser updates, browser extensions, and (of course) 1Password itself only from trusted sources.

This discussion has been closed.