1 Password 4 Browser Extensions - Very Useful Feature Removed

I have just upgraded to 1Password 4 for windows - I'm disappointed. The look and feel of the browser extensions seems to have standardised on that in the IE browser extension - this was the worst extension - the others for Firefox and Chrome were much better.

Main Request
The browser extensions in 1Password 4 no longer display the information in the login (e.g the notes). Removal of this feature is bad for usability because it is useful to have access to this additional information for things like multi level authentication in online banking.

The browser extensions in 1Password 3 displayed the other fields by selecting the arrow in the top right corner. Now I have to open 1Password to see this information.

In multilevel authentication one has to enter and initial user-name, but then it will request certain characters from a password and/or a passnumber. I tend to store additional credentials in the notes for a login because the have to be entered manually - 1 Password cannot do it as far as I can tell. Viewing the notes and other fields in 1Password 3 browser extension was easy, but it is a feature that is missing in 1Password 4.

Please can you put the ability to view al the login fields back into 1Password4 browser extension.

Thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

The browser extensions in 1Password 4 no longer display the information in the login (e.g the notes).

We have re-introduced this feature with version 4.1.0.BETA-531: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

The browser extensions in 1Password 3 displayed the other fields by selecting the arrow in the top right corner.

Please press Tab (or the right mouse button) when the mouse cursor is over a Login item. A new sub-menu should appear. From here, you have access to the other fields.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

We have re-introduced this feature with version 4.1.0.BETA-531

Unfortunately, that Tooltip is bugged in certain circumstances which leaves the information it contains permanently displayed. I believe you've even introduced a hack to allow it to be turned off.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Unfortunately, that Tooltip is bugged in certain circumstances

@RichardPayne So far, the common denominator for customers having this problem appears to be Firefox.

I believe you've even introduced a hack to allow it to be turned off.

@RichardPayne I have introduced this setting: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins > "Show note in hint window (where available)". To be included with 4.1.0.BETA-534.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

So far, the common denominator for customers having this problem appears to be Firefox.

Interesting, although I'm not sure why the browser would make a difference since the tooltip is, I assume, created by the helper, not the browser extension.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure why the browser would make a difference since the tooltip is, I assume, created by the helper, not the browser extension.

@RichardPayne I'm guessing Firefox does not invalidate the region where the tooltip is, probably as part of some optimised painting code.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Ah so, the tooltip disappears when you minimize or close Firefox? I seem to remember people posting screenshots of tooltips stuck over the desktop.

• Gwlad411
    Gwlad411
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to this forum, so I couldn't figure out how you insert the grey quote text, but I tried the beta - that seems to provide the required functionality for the notes. I didn't have the problem where the notes are retained on screen, as reported by RichardPayne. Thanks for that.

I also found used the right click menu you suggested. That works fine too, so thanks for that too

If I was picky.... I still preferred the old extension "look and feel" but I'm prepared to accept the progression. :)

If you have any handy hints for dealing with individual character entry in multi-step logins - let me know.

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you have any handy hints for dealing with individual character entry in multi-step logins - let me know.

That's an ongoing discussion in this thread, @Gwlad411‌.

This discussion has been closed.