Can I turn syncing off?

Hello, please forgive me if this has been answered; I checked several pages and searched for a couple terms but didn't find the answer.

I've been researching different password programs for a friend and think I have it narrowed down to 1Password but she had one more question; is it possible to turn off any syncing so all of her passwords stay only on her computer and don't go out to any clouds or anywhere over the internet? She works on a laptop that hardly never leaves her office and doesn't want to be able to access any passwords from an iphone or ipad. So she really just wants her passwords to remain completely resident on her computer. Is this possible with 1Password?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Annette

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Yes. Just just store your vault in your Dropbox (our any other Cloud) folder and it won't go anywhere.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Actually, @annieD‌, if you don't want your 1Password data to go anywhere besides your single laptop computer, then don't store it in your local Dropbox hierarchy or anywhere else on your computer that's automatically copied to other computers and devices.

Just accept the default location, and you'll be fine. You can always move it into Dropbox later, if you change your mind.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Indeed. don't is such a small word but so very important when missing!

• annieD
    annieD
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your replies. This sounds like the program we were looking for. We'll give it a try!

Thanks again!

Annette

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @annieD!

Start or join a thread here in the forum whenever we can do anything to help.

This discussion has been closed.