Is the 1P 4 available for purchasing?

Options
jyfooo
jyfooo
Community Member

I'm using OS X 10.9, I did not upgrade my MAC to Yosemite (and I'm not going to do that), so may I purchase 1P4 right now? or is there any other option that I can use 1P on 10.9? Thanks.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jyfooo‌

If you're happy to purchase 1Password from us then the licence file for 1Password 5 works equally as well on 1Password 4 and you can download the previous version from our AgileBits Download page. If you do decide to upgrade to Yosemite at some point in the future then of course you can update to it as your licence is for 1Password 5.

The one word of warning I would like to make is as of 1Password 5, the Agile Web Store version cannot offer iCloud Sync. The iCloud framework we now rely on, CloudKit, has been restricted to applications purchased from Apple's stores (either iTunes or Mac App Store (MAS)). So if in the future you want iCloud support you would need to purchase through Apple's MAS. This is where it gets tricky though. While it is possible to download 1Password 4 from Apple's MAS, you need access to a Yosemite machine in order to purchase 1Password at all.

So if you're happy with Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync then our store is the easiest way by far. If you want continued iCloud support in the future then you'll want access to a Yosemite machine to make the purchase before downloading from your Mavericks machine.

If you have any questions following any of that please do let us know.

• jyfooo
    jyfooo
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables Thanks for you information, it's very useful for me!

• On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.