1Password Shows Incorrect Password on One Device Only

I use Dropbox to manage my 1Password 4 database / keychain on my WIN8 PC desktop. It works across all my portable devices as well. I had to have my laptop repaired and when I installed 1Password on the WIN8 based laptop, I linked the database to my Dropbox. When I try to open 1Password on my laptop, my current password does not work. I tried using older versions of the password, still no luck. I have no problem opening 1Password on all my other devices, just not on my laptop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Do you mean the master password you currently use to unlock your 1Password vault on your desktop computer and on all your Dropbox-synced mobile devices doesn't work to unlock the vault on your rebuilt laptop?

If so, the first thing to do is make sure you're opening the same vault on the laptop.

When you installed 1Password on the laptop, was Dropbox installed yet? Had it finished copying your 1Password data down from your private dropbox.com web site? I ask because 1Password should've detected the .agilekeychain in your local Dropbox storage and offered to open it for you. Did that happen during installation?

On the General tab of 1Password preferences (in the main program), what's the full path and filename shown in the 1Password Vault field? Is it the same as the full path and filename shown in that field on the desktop computer?

• YoPedro
    YoPedro
    Community Member

Problem Solved

Thank You Mr. DBrown you pointed me in the right direction. Even though I was able to see and connect my agilekeychain through Dropbox, I needed to reinstall the Dropbox app. Once I reinstalled the app, let the Drobbox sync, my 1Password is now working as expected.
    Your guidance and solution is much appreciated.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm very happy to have helped, @YoPedro—thanks for letting us know how it turned out!

This discussion has been closed.