1 password helper experencing problems exclamation mark

My password manager extention seems to working OK but I depend on it very very much. If it was to fail I would be in real trouble so when the extension drop down menu used to pick a login shows an exclamation mark I take it very very seriously. When I click on the Exclamation Mark I get "1 password helper experencing problems" and asks me to look at the trouble shooting link. I click this and does not show any issues. I need this Exclamation Mark to go away and understand the problem 1 password is having. I cannot afford for it to fail on me. By the way the version of Firefox I am using is 32 and it is the latest version of 1 password. I have windows defender running (no changes to this for months) and malywarebytes running but I have had this installed for some 6 months without any issues. Please explain and help me !!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

does Help > Restart 1Password Helper in the main app fix the extension? Does it stay fixed or does it break again after you've restarted the Helper?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, the first thing to do when anything goes wrong with the browser extension is to try the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase. We frequently release updates to the extensions, so "past performance is no guarantee of future results," even if your browser version and other software haven't changed.

Recommendations are likely to include temporarily disabling the antivirus program, just long enough to determine whether that helps.

Please let us know how it goes, @kevin008‌.

This discussion has been closed.