Browser extension for Firefox fails to download

thomassabourin
thomassabourin
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I tried to download the browser extension for firefox, after authorizing, firefox tells me that it failed because it failed to connect with Agilebits.
I tried to remove all the protections in the options of the browser, but I failed to download it...

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We haven't been able to reproduce this or determine why it has happened to three or four people (and even one in Chrome).

The workaround that most have found useful is to download the extension using Internet Explorer, and then install the extension in Firefox.

I hope that helps, @thomassabourin. Please let us know how it goes.

• thomassabourin
    thomassabourin
    Community Member

It works very well. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @thomassabourin‌—thanks for letting us know!

• lilliepad
    lilliepad
    Community Member

We have firefox and we too followed all steps to download extension. All worked fine and the icon is in safari where it is supposed to be. But when I click and open it there is nothing there.
    I talked to someone at Verizon but they had no clue. I am computer functional but not much more so keep it simple for me please. If I need to do what you advised Thomassabourin spell it out a little more please..
    Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Well, the advice for @thomassabourin‌ was so he could get the 1Password extension for Firefox downloaded, and it seems you had no trouble doing that.

When you have a problem getting the extension to work, the first step is to run through the troubleshooting tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

If those don't help, can you elaborate on "there is nothing there" or perhaps post a screen shot?

• Taro
    Taro
    Community Member

Same thing here, I has the same problem when I tried to download the extension, this my first time using 1 Password 4 and to be honest not a very bright start. I really hate bugs !!! Thanks anyway for hard work :)

• Taro
    Taro
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

I can't download it on internet explorer too it gives me this error "The Chrome extension can be installed only from Google Chrome itself. Please open this page in the latest version of Chrome and try again or choose another extension to download." ... this is a problem :\

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@Taro
    The problem is self explanatory. The Chrome extension must be installed from Chrome.

If you want to use IE then you don't need the Chrome extension. Just open the Browsers tab in Preferences and check that the IE tick box is ticked.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Taro‌, you should be able to download the extension in IE, as mentioned above, but you do, indeed, need to install it in Chrome.

1. In IE, go to the extensions revision history page.
    2. (Optional) Click the Show betas link.
    3. Click the Show all extensions link.
    4. Right-click on the Chrome link to the side of the version you want to download, and choose Save target as from the menu that appears.
    5. Save the .crx file to your Windows desktop.
    6. Right-click on the .crx file, and choose Open with from the menu that appears.
    7. Launch Chrome, and go to chrome://extensions/ (the Extensions page).
    8. Drag the downloaded .crx file from your desktop onto the Extensions page.
    9. Confirm the addition, and make sure the 1Password extension is marked as Enabled.

I hope that helps, @Taro. Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.