Not able to see Vaults

Hi Support,
It seems i'm not able to use my secondary vaults from both my windows desktop and iOS Mobile.

I've sync my database via dropbox for my devices. For the my mac it's working seamlessly.

Please advise.

Swap.png 260.2K

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm guessing you're syncing your primary vault with Dropbox, but not your secondary vault. You'll need to configure 1Password for Mac and sync your secondary vault with Dropbox:

If you have your secondary vault in Dropbox, then you can open it in 1Password for Windows.

• juristium
    juristium
    Community Member

Thanks, that solved my problem.
    My assumption was the vault is within the Primary vault.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

My assumption was the vault is within the Primary vault.

This is why on Windows all vaults are essentially equal and there is no such thing as a secondary vault. This concept is easier to understand, and we see fewer problems with it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

The fact that 1Password for Windows handles vaults differently from 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS does cause understandable confusion among folks who use 1Password on multiple platforms.

We've tried to document that difference in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide (as in this entry in the glossary, for example), but a more consistent treatment across platforms—whatever form it takes—will be a benefit to many of our customers.

Thanks for your patience, @juristium‌!

This discussion has been closed.