Restore 1Password backup for PC

I need to restore the data from my backup, but i can't find how i can do this. In the backup tab the restore button is missing:

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

That's because the Preferences screen contains preferences. The hint is in the name. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, the Restore (and the manual backup) option is on the Backup menu in the main 1Password window.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@kravee, clicking on that how do I...? link at the bottom of the Backup tab will take you to the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide article describing that tab. That article now also includes the following text:

Restoring from a backup

When you want to revert your 1Password data to an earlier “snapshot” for any reason, use the Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup command.

1Password opens a window into your computer’s file system, focused on the backup directory specified on the Browsers tab shown above. In that window, all your backups of all your vaults are shown. Each backup is named to show the vault, the date and time of the backup, and the number of items included in the backup. Backups have the .agilekeychain_zip (or .opvault_zip) extension.

For example, if your vault is named “Shared with Bill”, a backup taken at 11:16 am on January 8, 2015 would have a name something like this:

Shared with Bill 2015-01-08 111627 (460 items).agilekeychain_zip

Select the version of the vault you want to restore, and click the Open button.

I'm sorry it wasn't more clear, before. Please let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.