Dropbox conflict resolution for contents.js

kirbysdl
kirbysdl
Community Member
edited January 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hello, every so often I troll through my Dropbox folder looking for conflicts. While 1P handles conflicts for individual entries, it doesn't seem to handle conflicts in contents.js. I now have five conflicted copies in ~/Dropbox/Data/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default along with the sixth, "active" contents.js.

I haven't noticed anything missing, but it's vaguely unsettling. Is there any way that I could have lost a pointer to an entry along the way? Would rebuilding the data file in the Advanced prefs tab help? In general, could the conflict resolution system be expanded to handle contents.js? If there's no chance of problems stemming from these conflicts, could the program auto-detect and auto-delete them so they don't litter the keychain file over time?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I would try rebuilding the data file and then deleting the conflict copies. See if they continue to pop up.

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • kirbysdl
    kirbysdl
    Community Member
    contents.js didn't change after rebuilding the data file. What does that rebuilding actually do? Does it look at all the individual entries 1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.1password and build a new contents.js, or does it do something else? Thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Rebuilding your data file re-encrypts every item and regenerates the contents.js file as well. The only files in the /data/default/ subfolder within the 1Password.agilekeychain bundle which will not be modified by a rebuild should be encryptionKeys.js and 1password.keys whereas all other files should show a modified date and time corresponding to when you perform the rebuild.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • kirbysdl
    kirbysdl
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Rebuilding your data file re-encrypts every item and regenerates the contents.js file as well. The only files in the /data/default/ subfolder within the 1Password.agilekeychain bundle which will not be modified by a rebuild should be encryptionKeys.js and 1password.keys whereas all other files should show a modified date and time corresponding to when you perform the rebuild.

Whoops, I meant that the data in contents.js didn't change, e.g. as shown with a md5sum or diff. I went back and checked the timestamps and they were in fact updated.

I think things are ok now. I'll do some further checking if I see another conflicted copy of contents.js. Thanks!
  • kirbysdl
    kirbysdl
    Community Member
    edited March 2011
    whoops, double post
  • kirbysdl wrote:

Whoops, I meant that the data in contents.js didn't change, e.g. as shown with a md5sum or diff. I went back and checked the timestamps and they were in fact updated.

I think things are ok now. I'll do some further checking if I see another conflicted copy of contents.js. Thanks!
    Hi Kirby,

Please do let us know how it turns out and if you can reproduce this. Also, make sure that you’re running the latest version of 1Password on all of your machines, we did make a few changes related to something like this but for “domains” in 1Password 3.5.8.
This discussion has been closed.