Security aspect when synchronizing 1Password Vault via Dropbox ?

Hi

I'm concerned about tthe security aspect when it comes to use the handy feature to synchronize 1PasswordVault via dropbox.: what kind and in which form information is stored in the dropbox in this case: all user login data being used in 1Password I would expect ?
In this case I assume we do have a security issue and only the manual synch. option i.e. within home WLAN is "kind of safe", correct ?

Txs for your hints how to ensure "safe" synchronization accross different devices
Adrian

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@ahodel Your 1Password data is protected by AES-256+PBKDF2+HMAC-SHA-512 encryption. Assuming you have a long and strong master password, your 1Password data should be safe in Dropbox.

If you're still concerned about the security of your 1Password data, then we have Wi-Fi Sync for you. You can sync your 1Password data with 1Password for iOS without a cloud service. No data leaves your own local network.

• ahodel
    ahodel
    Community Member

thanks !

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Assuming you have a long and strong master password, your 1Password data should be safe in Dropbox.

I agree, though I'd emphasize "should": please see the last note in the Using 1PasswordAnywhere article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for details, @ahodel.

This discussion has been closed.