One password, multiple login screens with different field names

I regularly access a system (here at work) which uses the same username and password to access multiple systems. Unlike some unified login schemes, this does not lead to a single, consistent login screen, but rather lets each system present its own unique login screen while still using the same usr/pwd store on the backend.

I'm using 1Password 4.1.0.530, so I have the capability to assign the same usr/pwd pair to multiple URLs, but this only seems to work if the different URLs use the same field name for each field. If one login screen uses "Username" and "Password" as field names, but the other login screen uses "txtUserName" and "txtUserPass", then saving credentials for one login screen will not auto-fill the other login screen.

I've tried configuring a single Login with multiple URLs and all possible field names, but this doesn't work either. In fact, one time I tried this, it actually filled my password into the username field, which was certainly undesirable behavior.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Or do I have to configure separate Login objects for each possible login screen, and update each one separately when I'm required to periodically change my password?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Because 1Password allows designation of only one field each as the username and password, creating a separate Login item for each of those URLs (as you describe) is the only solution that comes to me.

To make it easier to find all the Login items, the next time you need to update the credentials, I'd either tag them uniquely or gather them in a folder or subfolder.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

I suggest you turn on Auto-Type for this particular Login item. Auto-Type does not use field names.

This discussion has been closed.