1 Password not syncing

I sync 1Password across two ipads, one iphone, and three windows computers. I noticed that they were not syncing (I use Drop Box). I posted a security note in each database and it turns out two of the databases ARE syncing (my iphone and lap top) but my other databases are not syncing. How do I address this problem?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

You have to make sure that all devices are associated with the same Dropbox account and that all the devices are using the same 1Password vault.

Start with the laptop on which 1Password shows all your Logins and other items. On the General tab of 1Password preferences, what's the full path and filename in the 1Password Vault field?

Before you move on, choose Backup > Back Up 1Password Vault, just to be safe.

Next, make sure exactly the same full path and filename is showing in that field on the other Windows computers.

Then confirm that a test item (a small Secure Note, for example) added on each of these computers shows up in 1Password on the other two.

Finally, disable and re-enable Dropbox syncing on each of the iOS devices, and confirm that you see your complete 1Password data there.

(You can find out more about Dropbox syncing in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide and knowledgebase.)

Please let us know how it goes, @Bekele259‌.

• Bekele259
    Bekele259
    Community Member

Both file names on my Windows computers are the exact same but the desktop computer is not updating. How do I disable and re-enable on the Windows devices?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

What's the full path to the .agilekeychain folder shown in the 1Password Vault field on the General tab of 1Password preferences on each computer?

• sardischic
    sardischic
    Community Member

I have 1password syncing on both my iphone and my nexus7 tablet. However I am unable to sync data from my windows computer. The 1password.agilekeychain is located and the program says that the vault is working. I have desktop versions of 1password and dropbox. I am using the same vault on all devices.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@sardischic‌, how are you syncing your 1Password data between your iPhone and Android device?

In what way does the program say that the vault is working?

Is it 1Password for Windows that's saying the vault is working?

What's the full path and filename showing in the 1Password Vault field on the General tab of 1Password preferences?

If you add an item in 1Password for Android, does it get synced to either 1Password for iOS or 1Password for Windows?

If you add an item in 1Password for iOS, does it get synced to either 1Password for Android or 1Password for Windows?

If you add an item in 1Password for Windows, does it get synced to either 1Password for iOS or 1Password for Android?

• sardischic
    sardischic
    Community Member

Hello DB:
    I set up my iphone account first and set it up to sync with dropbox. I have the dropbox app installed on my phone.
    I then set up my android device choosing "I have used 1password previously". The program found my dropbox vault. I then added a login, synced and confirmed with my iphone that the login had been updated on my iphone.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled 1password on my computer (windows), chose I have used 1password before and it found the 1password.agilekeychain folder in my desktop Dropbox. The login data that I had installed the first time I installed 1password was there but does not show up in the "access 1password from anywhere" website. I think I double click on the HTML icon in dropbox to access it.

Data that I have entered on my windows computer is not synced into the desktop dropbox. When I go to the desktop dropbox and click on the html file in 1password.agilekeychain folder, I am taken to the 1pasworrd anywhere site, I login and only find the data that I have entered into either my iphone or my tablet. I am unable to access 1passwordanywhere site on my android tablet. I get an error that there is a missing file.********

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@sardischic‌ Please repair your 1Password data here: File > Repair 1Password Vault

• sardischic
    sardischic
    Community Member

I tried that. It says the vault is OK. I do not have the dropdown menu icon to transfer data to dropbox.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. In the main 1Password program on your PC, what's the full path and filename showing in the 1Password Vault field on the General tab of 1Password preferences?

2. When you write "When I go to the desktop dropbox and click on the html file in 1password.agilekeychain folder", do you mean:

• You're double-clicking on the 1Password.html file in your PC's local file system?

• You're launching a browser, going to your private dropbox.com web site, and clicking on the 1Password.html link in the file list for the 1Password.agilekeychain folder?

• Bekele259
    Bekele259
    Community Member

1Password.agilekeychain

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

To be precise, @Bekele259, we'd need the full path and filename, which will be something like C:\Users\Dropbox\...\1Password.agilekeychain, for each computer you're trying to sync using Dropbox.

• Bekele259
    Bekele259
    Community Member

After working on this for over a month finally figured it out! For some reason it was a dropbox problem. To fix it I finally had to delete my dropbox from my home computer, re-install it and everything was fixed. Thanks for your help. Technology is amazing . . . when it works!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Indeed.

I'm happy to hear it's working for you now, @Bekele259. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.