1Password 4.1.0.530 error report

Hi :
1 password it is been working perfectly ,but recently I am getting problem When I log off or shut down my computer ,I can't unlock the 1 password

I took print screen to the error message and attached.

btw, I have sent the error report to support+windows@agilebits.com , i did not hear back yet !
Please advice
Thanks
Saad

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Saad, you're likely to get a faster reply here in the forum than from the e-mail message (just because of the crush of incoming e-mail), but sending us the diagnostics report was a good idea.

First, in the main 1Password program, choose File > Reopen 1Password Vault, and make sure you're opening the same vault as usual.

Next, make sure you're typing the correct master password. You might try typing it in a text document, where you can see it, and then copying that and pasting it into the master password prompt screen.

Please let us know whether either of those things help.

FAQ-96824-819

• Saad Naqwaj
    Saad Naqwaj
    Community Member

Thanks for response ,I have tried these before does not help .
    first time this issue happened (solved after shout down the PC after turn it on again on the following day), but now wont work
    i am pretty sure from the p.w and i did type it in text and copy it in the main 1 p.w program
    pls advice

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

The full suite of tips can be found in the Forgotten master password article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

I hope that helps, Saad. Let us know how it goes.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Saad Naqwaj‌ Do you gave "Unlock on Secure Desktop" turned on? If yes, then you might want to consider turning this off, and then try again.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please do let us know whether that helps, Saad.

(I'd want to add it to the suite of suggestions, though I can't think why the Secure Desktop prompt would refuse a master password that works with the standard prompt.)

• Saad Naqwaj
    Saad Naqwaj
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

David ,I have tried those tips still not working ..

Svon ,it is off.

David, did you get the report ?

please let me know if there is other option/s?

Thanks

Saad

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As I wrote above, Saad, there are a limited set of things we can suggest to try, because AgileBits keeps no record of your master password.

I did find your diagnostics report (FAQ-96824-819) in our support e-mail system, but I don't see anything that would explain why your master password would stop working. Perhaps @svondutch‌ will have more insight into the issue.

Are there any other folders with a .agilekeychain extension on your computer?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Saad Naqwaj‌ Can you send us your steps? Please be as detailed as possible. I would love to reproduce and fix this.

This discussion has been closed.