HELP! License Issue

Yesterday I downloaded 1Password on all my Mac devices from App store with ITunes. Today I downloaded on Windows device. The dashboard for 1Password said it was a TRIAL version. So I removed it and downloaded it from ITunes. It still says it is a trial version. When I attempt to give my email address (same one my itunes i registered under) to Agile to send me the license, it says they have no record of it. I paid $49.99 for this yesterday. I have spend HOURS today trying to make this work on my Windows. Please let me know what to do. I did not receive any e-mail with the license number from agilebits.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

The platforms are licensed separately. Apple do not sell software on the Windows platform.

If you have a look at their store:
    https://agilebits.com/store

You'll notice that there's a bundle deal for Windows and Mac. The only sticky point is that they have tie up your Mac store purchase with their own store.

@Megan, @DBrown, do you have the email to use?

• dfinch
    dfinch
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the info. I had read elsewhere that I just had to download it from ITunes to Windows and that should cure the problem since I made the purchase through the ITunes store. Apparently that was not accurate. I am quite willing to do the bundle deal because, at this point, I've spent so much time on this issue, I just want to be done. BUT I paid $49.99 through ITunes Store for the software just yesterday so, yes, I need to match that up because I do not want to pay an additional $69.99 for the same thing. I would greatly appreciate assistance from Agilebits on this. If I do not receive assistance, I'm going to have to remove all this software, reset passwords and dispute the charge on my credit card which I do not want to do. I thought this was supposed to make my life easier!!! :) Help @Megan, @DBrown!

• dfinch
    dfinch
    Community Member

@drew_AG was able to help someone with a similar issue (as I found on the boards). I followed his instructions. I purchased 1Password from Mac App Store and then I reinstalled it on my Windows from MacApp Store. It says I need a license in order to convert from trial to paid version. RichardPayne above said I need two licenses one for Windows and one for Macs. I know there's a bundle available but when I ask to upgrade to the windows license it tells me they have no record of my email address (presumably because I purchased through Mac App Store. I really need some help on this. I can find no customer support phone numbers or emails for AgileBits.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@dfinch, the reason I liked in some of the Agilebits guys is that they must do this manually. You can't get automated access to their Apple store management tools. Basically they just need to verify your Mac Store purchase and then, I think, generate a discount code to be used in their own store.

I can find no customer support phone numbers or emails for AgileBits.

That's because they do their support on these forums.

• dfinch
    dfinch
    Community Member

Thanks @RichardPayne. I want to like AgileBits, I really, really, really do!! Hopefully, they will be able to give me assistance soon. I'm kind of at a standstill until I have this worked out. I changed my passwords on all my Macs but now I am at my office and need to change them on my windows computer and I am unable to login or do much of anything except surf these boards, hoping, searching for a solution.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Assuming you've already synced your Mac to Dropbox you can readonly access to your dara directly from the Dropbox site:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-1passwordanywhere

Should tide you over in the meantime.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dfinch,

I'm sorry this has been a bit frustrating for you! It seems there's some confusion about licenses & terminology here, so I'd like to clear that up and explain your options.

1Password for Mac is sold from our web store, and from the Mac App Store. If you bought 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, that purchase was through Apple, so we wouldn't have any record of that in our own system. Therefore, we don't have a way to automatically give you a discount for the Windows version in our web store. (I'll get back to that shortly.)

You cannot install software from the Mac App Store on Windows (as the name implies, it's a store for Mac apps - it does not sell Windows software). You mentioned that you tried downloading it through iTunes on Windows, but that would have been the iOS version of 1Password (i.e. for iPhones, iPads, and iPods). iOS apps can be downloaded into iTunes on a computer, but will only work on an iOS device. To use 1Password for Windows, you'll need to download that from our website, and it will require its own license.

As you discovered, we offer a Mac & Windows license bundle from our web store, so you don't have to pay full price for each one. Since you already purchased the Mac version from the Mac App Store, we'll be happy to give you a discount on the Windows version. We would just need you to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and include a copy (or screenshot) of the email receipt you received from Apple when you bought 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store.

I hope that helps to clear up the confusion! Once you email us your receipt, someone will reply about the discount for the Windows version. Let us know if you have more questions about that, thanks! :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@dfinch While you're waiting for your Windows license, you are not locked out of your 1Password vault.

You can download and use the Windows version for 30 days without limitations. After those 30 days, the nag screen won't kick in as long as you have fewer than 20 items in your vault.

And when the nag screen does kick in, you can still get into your vault, look up your items, and edit them. We will never lock you out of your vault.

I'm sure our excellent customer service team will have a nice discount for you. Thank you for your purchase!

• dfinch
    dfinch
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Wow, THANKS! @svondutch and@Drew_AG. I'm on it!! Looking forward to being up and running on all fours.@Drew_AG

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The free 30-day trial really makes it easy to get started with the full and unlimited functionality of 1Password for Windows while you wait for the discount coupon in response to your e-mail message to support+licenses.

Thanks again for choosing 1Password, @dfinch‌!

• JVH60
    JVH60
    Community Member

So, once you have purchased the windows version and the apple version on itunes, will they work together?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely, @JVH60‌!

Please see the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

This discussion has been closed.