Restoring Free Trial of 1Password

Hello everyone, I downloaded the free trial today and it worked great. I then downloaded it to Dropbox in an attempt to sync it with my Android Phone and iPad. The sync didn't work, so I deleted it from Dropbox. It appears in doing that I deleted it from my Desk Top too. I have the vault icon, but it doesn't display the password box, instead, it just displays, new user, current user, and backup. I checked backup, but the file is not there. How do I get it back on my desk top? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I have the vault icon, but it doesn't display the password box, instead, it just displays, new user, current user, and backup.

1Password is doing this if a vault (aka .agilekeychain) is nowehere to be found.

Without a vault (aka .agilekeychain), you are reverted to the "1st time experience", where 1Password asks you to create a new vault (or open an existing vault).

Assuming you mistakenly deleted your vault, you might be able to restore it from your Windows trash. Or you might restore it from a backup.

There is no need to re-download the app. It is obviously still there.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I downloaded the free trial today and it worked great. I then downloaded it to Dropbox...

To be clear, you wouldn't want to download 1Password to Dropbox. What you're downloading is the 1Password installer, which you run on your PC. It puts the 1Password program into the correct Windows directory. Then you run the program, which is what displays (on first use) that dialog box asking whether you've used 1Password before or want to restore from a backup.

Can you tell us what you deleted?

• Wldfshmike
    Wldfshmike
    Community Member

Thanks Team for the response. It is not in the recycle bin. I went to control panel, to uninstall, to see if the program was listed and found 1password 4.1.0.530 at the top of my program list. I didn't uninstall it, but it is obviously still on the computer.

I followed some directions in the user guide to download drop box and then moved 2 1 password file names to drop box so I could sync my iPad and android phone. When I tapped on those files in drop box a dialogue box said it was missing part of something from 1password so I deleted those two files from drop box. When I went back to my PC, I found drop box as described in my initial post. Should I just Uninstall drop box then reload? Any other ideas? Thanks. Mike

• Wldfshmike
    Wldfshmike
    Community Member

I just clicked on the vault icon, then on I have used 1password before. I got a box up with 1password highlighted under documents with a sub folder of 1password.agilechain. When I hit enter a dialogue box comes up that says, 1password has encountered a problem, C user then my name documents 1password is not a 1password vault.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

@Wldfshmike‌, did you create any Login items or other data in 1Password during that initial trial?

If so, can you re-create them easily?

(I ask because, if you can, it may be easiest to walk you through starting over from scratch.)

• Wldfshmike
    Wldfshmike
    Community Member

Yes, I had one log in item, a web site.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you can re-create that Login item (in other words, if you remember the URL, the username, and the password) and if you have no data saved in 1Password on your mobile devices, then I'd suggest starting over from scratch: deleting existing .agilekeychain folders from your computer, making sure Dropbox is installed, launching 1Password, selecting the "new to 1Password" option, and moving the new vault to Dropbox...all before setting up Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your Android and iOS devices.

This discussion has been closed.