Auto-fill not working in internet explorer 11

I am new to 1Password, before i used Kaspersky password manager.
With Kaspersky i was used to the auto fill function.
I go to a website, and my username and password will be filled in automatically.
I see this function is also available in 1Password, but I don’t get it to work.

The keyboard combination CTRL + \ works ok.
On the site I use the combination, and my username and password will be filled in automatically.
But my username and password wont be filled in automatically, i Always have to use the keyboard combination.

I think my problem is with the internet explorer extension.
I am using internet explorer 11 on Windows 1.1 Pro.
When I look at my ie extension there are 2 extension from 1Password.
1 is working, and 1 is “not available”, I also don’t have / see the 1Password helper.

Please help me.
Tom

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Don't be confused by the section headings on the Internet Explorer add-ons page, Tom. (You'll notice they just repeat what's in the Publisher column for each one.) Both of the listed 1Password components are needed, and both are probably working.

The 1Password helper is not listed on that add-ons page, because it's not a browser add-on (extension).

Surely you're not really running Windows 1.1 Pro—I assume that's typo.

1Password doesn't have an "auto-detect" feature. In other words, if you simply direct your browser to the login page on a web site for which you have a Login item saved, 1Password won't automatically fill in the form with your saved credentials—you have to indicate to 1Password that you want to log in. There are several ways to do that:

• In your browser:

• Go to the URL, and press Ctrl+\.

• Go to the URL, and click on the 1Password icon in the browser's tool bar.

• Click on the 1Password icon in the browser's tool bar, and click on a Login item.

• In the main 1Password program:

• Select a Login item in the list area, and click on the URL in the details area.

• Double-click on a Login item in the list area (if you have the Double-click option configured correctly on the General tab of 1Password preferences).

You can read about all of this in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• bulltom
    bulltom
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your help.
    I was used to Kaspersky PM, this program does have a auto fill option, that automaticly fill in the login information.
    I find your program better, and much user friendly. Glad I switched programs.

What does the auto-fill option do? (preferences, tab Logins) and the auto submit option?
    This got me confused. When i read the user guide, i expected an auto-detect funtion.

Haha im sorry, its Windows 8.1.
    I will open a new topic for the browser add-on.

Tom

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There's no auto-fill function in 1Password. Again, you have to trigger a form fill by one of the methods described in my post, above.

As for the Auto-Submit Logins option on the Logins tab, here's the description from the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide article about the Logins tab:

Auto-submit

With this option enabled, 1Password will try to submit web forms after filling them. If you find that most of the sites where you have accounts don’t accept automated submission (or if you have some other reason to change the default behavior), you can disable this global option. You can still enable it for specific Logins, if you like.

In the more likely useful configuration, you will leave this global option enabled and disable auto-submit for specific Login items that don’t accept automated submission.

In other words, after you let 1Password know that you want it to fill a form, that option lets it know whether you also want it to submit the form. (Some sites don't like forms to be submitted by a program—they want a human to click on the submit control. As noted in the user's guide, though, you'll probably leave the global option enabled and disable auto-submit only for sites where that's necessary.)

This discussion has been closed.