1Password "Trial Period" Still Showing

This is not a major problem, just an annoyance. In the top of the window it says "1 Password - Trial Period" I purchased 1password 2-3 years ago. I recently updated and have version 4.1.0.530 currently. It has said "trial period" since my original purchase. My keychain is names Trial Period.agilekeychain, I don't know if that matters either.

Everything works just fine, it is just a little annoyance of mine since I have paid for the license. Any way to change it so it doesn't read that anymore?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not aware of 1Password naming a vault folder anything but 1Password.agilekeycain unless you specifically direct it to do otherwise.

As for the licensing issue, please see the Upgrading to 1Password 4 article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, where it explains that upgrades from version 1 to version 4 are free to people who purchased a license in 2013 or 2014 and are discounted for people who purchased a license in 2012 or earlier.

• KevtheMan
    KevtheMan
    Community Member

I purchased prior to 2012 and have upgraded to version 4 at a discount. I don't have any issues with that, everything works fine.

It was just the name of the keychain "Trial Period.agilekeychain" that caused my vault to be named "1 Password - Trial Period." I just renamed the folder of the keychain and the vault name changed as well. Easy-peasey

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I see. So by "it has said 'trial period' since my original purchase" you just meant that 1Password was reporting the name of your vault? That makes sense, even if I can't think how the vault got named that, in the first place. :D

I'm glad you figured out how to change the vault name by renaming the folder and that things are working well for you, @KevtheMan‌—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.