IE Addon doesn't accept password

Hey there

I just bought 1Password and so far it looks really good. But now i got the following problem:

I created a vault on my home-computer. Synced it over Dropbox to my notebook (where it works fine).
Now i downloaded the vault from dropbox to my work-computer and I can login to my vault over the desktop app, but in the internet explorer it says "Your 1Password Vault could not be unlocked with the password you provided." even if i copy paste it! I tried to deactivate/activate the addon but it doesn't help...

What can I do?

Thanks, DK

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Are you trying to use the 1Password extension in Internet Explorer by clicking on the 1Password icon in the IE tool bar?

If not, please explain the exact steps you're taking in as much detail as possible, so that we can understand the problem you're experiencing.

Thanks!

• Damon_214
    Damon_214
    Community Member

The problem occurs if I click on the 1password Icon in the action-bar, then enter the password or if 1password asks to save a filled form (doesn't matter)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Can you make sure the master password you're typing allows you to unlock the same vault in the main 1Password program?

If it doesn't, please see the Forgotten master password article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

• Damon_214
    Damon_214
    Community Member

Today I installed my new computer and now it works... Thanks anyway for your help!!!

Regards, DK

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @Damon_214!

Sounds like you might've been connecting to the wrong vault on the other machine, and installing on a new computer gave you a chance to connect to the correct one again.

This discussion has been closed.