Help with multi-page logins

This discussion was created from comments split from: Username not filling on a 2-page login form.

Comments

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

Hi @Megan
    Just started using 1P for Windows v4.1.0.530
    Having same/ similar issues as others with multi-page log-ins......1st webpage is username......2nd webpage is password
    Could you or some one please provide clear step-by-step instructions that solve this?
    Thx in advance.

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

Hi @Megan‌
    Also seeking clear step-by-step instructions for pop-up boxes that request userid & password........
    common with routers when using the url 'routerlogin.net' that a pop-up box, not webfrom, appears...
    Again, Thx in advance.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Oz_4321‌

Do your questions refer to just the Windows version of 1Password? If they do I'll move them to our Windows section. The two programs are quite different and so what applies to Macs doesn't always hold true on Windows and with the current level of support requests we tend to stick to our areas of strength.

We have a page for Creating a multiple-page Login in Windows and I don't know about Windows but on Macs we can't cope with the dialog boxes that you're referring to. Mostly I know them as basic auth dialog boxes and because there isn't a standard API that allows interaction with them we're a bit stuck in that regards.

• Oz_4321
    Oz_4321
    Community Member

Yes....Windows version of 1Password.....ok to move to windows section....thx

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Oz_4321‌ I have moved your posts to the 1P for Windows forum, where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Actually, 1Password for Windows has a couple of tricks up its sleeve than 1Password for Mac, when it comes to web pages that don't lend themselves to filling by the usual mechanism. Depending on the situation, one of the following may work for you:

As for sites that use multiple pages for the login sequence, @Megan's right. Here are the details:

You'll find lots more useful information in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide!

This discussion has been closed.