Syncing challenges with 1password, windows and dropbox

I'm running 1password 4.1 on Windows8. On my computer, 1password has ~70 entries (confirmed by backups). However, what's stored in DropBox has only 13 entries and looks quite old. When I have tested syncing changes to my dropbox folder for other items, I can confirm it's working as intended. Dropbox is keeping things up to date. However, 1password seems to be storing data somewhere that is other than my 1password folder despite preferences indicating that it is saved in:

C:\Users\Username\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

As a result, I cannot sync recent logins between my IOS and my Windows devices which is a tad annoying. I'm loathe to try anything too crazy because 1password is doing its intended function on the primary computer -- but I don't understand how it thinks it's storing data in dropbox and yet is not doing that.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Because 1Password is using a Dropbox-synced vault, and because 1Password isn't actually involved in the sync process, I may need to move your question to the 1Password for iOS forum, where it can receive the attention of folks better versed in the intricacies of that product. Before I do, though:

• How and where are you viewing "what's stored in DropBox [that] has only 13 entries and looks quite old"?

• In 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync Service.

If 1Password for iOS is using the same vault as you write that 1Password for Windows is using, you should see Dropbox checked under CURRENT SYNC METHOD, with /1Password//1Password.agilekeychain in small grey text below that line.

This discussion has been closed.