Accessing 1Password on a public computer

jrjaks
jrjaks
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've installed 1PW on my office and home pcs, as well as on an android tablet and my phone. All are working fine thus far. However, as I understand it, to look up a password while on a public computer, I would log onto dropbox, (using 1pwanywhere?), to obtain the passwords for any other sites that I want to log into. However, how can you log into dropbox if it has a 1pw generated password, and you don't have it written down somewhere? Is it necessary to keep the dropbox password something memorized, instead of 1pw randomly generated characters?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, you do need to know your Dropbox account credentials in order to log in to your Dropbox account on a public computer.

Like the Fifth Beatle, that's the Second Password. :)

We know that most of our customers have access to their 1Password data through the 1Password app on their mobile devices—in your case, the Android tablet and your phone.

• jrjaks
    jrjaks
    Community Member

Thank you. I just wanted confirmation for what I thought I understood. I travel frequently, and though not likely, it is possible to end up somewhere without any devices. Good to know, and thanks for the quick response.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're always glad to help @jrjaks‌. Thanks so much for choosing 1Password!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@jrjaks‌ In my opinion it's also worth having your primary email password memorized too just in case completely lose access to your vault. Then at least you can perform password resets on your accounts to gain access.

This discussion has been closed.