Browser extension requesting old master password

Clavius
Clavius
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a PC that I use very infrequently. I changed my master password about two months ago. I am not trying to use that infrequently used computer, but it want my prior master password to "update the extension." The problem is, it has been so long, I do not remember my old master password.

What do I do to reset the extension? I know my current master password and can open the archive.

Thanks in advance.

Clavius.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You don't need to unlock your 1Password vault to "update the extension"—it automatically uses whatever data is in the currently open vault (or you can switch vaults from within the extension), and the extension software is automatically updated when you use it (or you can update it from the browser's "extensions" or "add-ons" page).

Can you tell us what makes it seem the extension needs updating?

• Clavius
    Clavius
    Community Member

I type in my new master password. The plug in tells me to type in my prior password to "update the plug in." If I don't type in the old password, the browser extension stays locked.

• Clavius
    Clavius
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Here is the message from the troubleshooting page:

1Password Helper Information

Connection status Connected

Last Sync Error Your master password has changed recently. Please unlock the extension using the old master password to update.

1Password Helper version 4.1.0 (530)

A screenshot of the message is attached.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @Clavius‌.

Can you tell us what version of the main 1Password program you're running, which browser you're using, and the full version numbers of that browser and of the 1Password extension that's installed in that browser?

• Clavius
    Clavius
    Community Member

I am running 1 Password 4 v 4.1.0.530

I am running Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m

I am running extension version 3.9.21.90

Thanks in advance for the help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Just to use the latest versions, please update the Chrome extension by clicking on the "install" button next to Chrome on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences.

Let us know whether that improves the behavior.

• Clavius
    Clavius
    Community Member

That's IT!

Thank you!

Everything is working fine now and I like the new plug-in much better than the old.

Your product and your support is great!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

YAY! I'm glad to hear that helped, @Clavius. Thanks so much for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.