constantly uninstall and reinstall firefox35 browser addon every time I start my computer?

why do I have to uninstall and reinstall firefox35 browser add on every time I start my computer? The red circle with an exclamation mark appears in the add on side bar and it will not sync unless I do the uninstall/reinstall thing with every start up.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @Growlybear50‌.

1. Can you provide a little detail about what you mean by "it will not sync"?

2. What do you see and do (with respect to 1Password) when you launch Firefox for the first time after having restarted Windows?

3. Also, what version of the 1Password extension is installed in Firefox?

• Growlybear50
    Growlybear50
    Community Member
    1. when a new login is registered in the windows 7 firefox 35 1 password add-on, it doesn't show up in my iPhone, windows 7, or Macbook pro 1 password apps. nor will any of the new info from the rest of my items apps show in the firefox add-on.

2. the add-on icon is in the tool bar where it has always been. when I sign into it, there is a red circle with an exclamation mark in it to the left side just above the settings icon.

3. version 3.9.20

• Growlybear50
    Growlybear50
    Community Member

Sorry for wasting your time trying to help me find the problem. As with almost all computer problems, this one was operator error. As it turns out, I had neglected to tick 1password in the msconfig start up menu after doing a bare bones start to eliminate a different problem. Everything worked as it is supposed to this AM.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

No worries, @Growlybear50—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.