Using the Auto-Type Button

For various reasons, I have not been using the normal Ctrl-\ to fill in UserIDs and Passwords. Instead, I use the Auto-Type button. What I do is I find the website I need in the 1Password window, click on the website name, then click on the URL. I know it is a small thing, but when I click the URL, the Auto-Type button becomes grayed out, and not functional. Would it be possible to leave the Auto-Type button active?

I know it is just an extra click or two for me, but it would be nice to leave that Auto-Type button active.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Clicking the URL opens a web browser window, so the web browser has the focus. Unless 1Password has the focus, you can't use the Auto-Type tool. Clicking on the Auto-Type tool (or anywhere else in the 1Password window) restores focus to 1Password. As soon as you restore focus to 1Password, the Auto-Type tool is enabled.

If you can demonstrate different behavior (that is, 1Password has the focus, a Login item is selected, and the Auto-Type tool is disabled) please post a screen shot.

Thanks!

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member

I do see what you mean. What I notice is that when I change focus, say to the web browser, the only thing that changes in my 1Password window is the Auto-Type button gets grayed out. The other ones, Lock, New Item, Preferences, all still are active (not gray and will work when clicked). Only Auto-Type changes. I suppose that is just a design or safety decision. Thanks for your help with this.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, Rob!

This discussion has been closed.