Enhanced Protected mode

When I try and use 1Password in IE11 I get a message that state, "1Password isn't compatible with Enhanced Protected mode". Problem is that enhance protected mode is disabled. It is disable through a group policy. I have looked through the post and knowledge base, but I do not find a solution. I have attached a screen shot of message and advanced tab setting. I am using Win 7 64 bit and IE 11 Version 11.0.9600.17207 32 bit.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @TexGS‌.

Here's a video of 1Password 4 in IE 11 on a 32-bit Windows 7 system:

https://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/db/2015-01-22_15-25-34.mp4

Can you tell us what's different in your procedure, so we can try to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks!

• TexGS
    TexGS
    Community Member

The only difference is my OS is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. And the error message when I click on 1Password in the tool bar. The group policy is set to "disabled" in the "Turn on enhanced Protected Mode".

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

I see; but you're using 32-bit Internet Explorer, so I thought the test would be applicable.

Your screen shot above shows the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode option is disabled, as in my video. Does the "group policy [being] set to 'disabled' in the 'Turn on enhanced Protected Mode'" override or cancel or negate that, somehow?

I ask because I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my 32-bit Windows system.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

When I try and use 1Password in IE11 I get a message that state, "1Password isn't compatible with Enhanced Protected mode". Problem is that enhance protected mode is disabled. It is disable through a group policy.

@TexGS I'm currently looking into your problem, and promise to get back to you ASAP.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my (...) system

@DBrown Two words: "group policy".

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Thanks, @svondutch! I noticed those two words and thought it might be relevant. Hence my question:

Does the "group policy [being] set to 'disabled' in the 'Turn on enhanced Protected Mode'" override or cancel or negate that, somehow?

This discussion has been closed.