Erratic mouse movement and lag

Hello,

I've been having this problem on Windows since version 3. First time unlocking 1Password since opening the computer or when it prompts me to save a password, the mouse seems to lag. I'll keep an eye out for more specifics when it happens again. I don't use it that much on my PC but mainly because of this problem.

More details: Windows 8.1, 1Password 4.1.0.530, I have a razer naga 2014 mouse (i've always had razer mice while noticing the problem even on version 3, but different razer mouse), didn't look for cpu spikes to be honest.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I haven't seen a message about this problem in many months, @neamtua‌, so any additional information you can provide will be appreciated.

I don't think we've ever been able to reproduce it on our own systems.

• neamtua
    neamtua
    Community Member

What info would you like me to provide? A dump of installed applications?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

You offered to "keep an eye out for more specifics when it happens again." When that happens, please also send us a diagnostics report, and include a link to this forum thread.

Thanks!

• neamtua
    neamtua
    Community Member

Ok, I'm apparently able to reproduce it every time I unlock it after first booting up. I will even try to make a video of it happening while also having the task manager open to check for spikes in cpu usage and memory. Will also get the diagnostics report and maybe a dump of installed stuff.

Thank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Thanks so much!

You might try disabling the Scan Dropbox directory for 1Password vaults option on the General tab of 1Password preferences, too. Let us know if that makes a difference for you.

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Ok, I'm apparently able to reproduce it every time I unlock it after first booting up.

In my case I got that behavior because at login time 1Password was trying to access the network to check for a version upgrade, but my paranoid firewall was blocking the network access. During the hung network attempt, the mouse lagged and stuttered until the issue cleared (after about 30s if I remember.) The problem went away in recent versions because as soon as the new version installs, it accesses the network three times, and I interactively grant (permanent) permission for the new version of 1Password to make these network accesses. Consequently, at subsequent logins, the network access completes quickly so the mouse is only disturbed for a fraction of a second. This is one possible explanation that you may wish to consider.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that information, @bkh!

@neamtua‌, please let us know whether that helps you, too.

This discussion has been closed.