Unable to get started on 1Password for Windows

drgale
drgale
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I downloaded this software 2 days ago, then added a bunch of website Pwds, the next day it insisted I purchase the software, so I did. Now it does not recognize the existing websites I had entered and does not open them. I am using Firefox, and I have paid, and have entered license # and am paralyzed unable to use this software that I paid for. Please send me a solution & or a phone number to brainstorm with soeoone on your staff?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @drgale‌.

First, the 30-day trial period should not even mention a purchase until and unless your oldest saved item is 30 days old and you have 20 items saved in your vault. I can't think how you got the impression that "it insisted [you] purchase the software," because that should not be the case. (We'd love to hear more about that, once we solve the other problem!)

As for the other problem, it sounds like you're using a different vault, now that you've registered your license key, but perhaps I'm not understanding the nature of the problem.

Can you tell us what steps you take and what 1Password does, with as much detail as possible, so we can try to reproduce the problem?

We'll do all we can to figure out what's going on and get things working for you.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I am using Firefox

Our agent/helper is having problems with Firefox 35. Today, I have released a BETA build that might fix these problems:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

Can you please download version 4.1.0.BETA-537 and try again? Thanks!

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

Thank you for the version update link @svondutch. Beta 537 fixed the filling issues I was having recently (my work-around was the auto-type button in the main app.)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @bkh—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.