"...\1Password.agilekeychain" is not a 1Password Vault. Changing your master password in the Mac ...

When trying to open 1Password on my office machine which is synced to via Google Drive. My other machines work fine pointed at the same local vault location. 1Password version 4.1.0.530.

Thanks!

Comments

• neurocis
    neurocis
    Community Member

Bump, if there are additional details I can provide for support please let me know. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm afraid I know nothing about using Google Drive to sync your 1Password data, @neurocis‌. The tested and supported sync methods are described in this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@neurocis‌ have you tried comparing the file/folder structure of the local Google Drive folder with that on the Google Drive website and with that of the other syncing machines (the ones that are working)?

If they're not the same then unlink Google Drive on the broken machine, clear out the locally cached data in the unlink operation didn't do it automatically for you and then re-link Google Drive. Let it sync down again and see what you get.

Already worth taking a backup from one of the working computers just in case.

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member

I'm having this same problem, updated to the latest versions, Just started today, Except i sync to dropbox
    Even changed my master password on the mac no dice

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@kash04‌, if you open the .agilekeychain folder that is your vault and examine the data/default subfolder, do you find the .1password.keys and encryptionKeys.js files listed among the .1password files?

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

i do!

.1password.keys

.password.hint

1password.keys

contents.js

encryptionKeys.js

and of course all the hashes.1password

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kash04‌.

If Google Drive is putting an uncorrupted copy of all the files in the .agilekeychain folder in the correct location on your PC's local file system, then 1Password for Windows should be able to open the vault without problem. I use the term "should" because Google Drive is not a tested or supported method for syncing your 1Password data.

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member

well thats the thing right @DBrown i use dropbox, and it just happens on windows, the mac one still uses the passwords just fine!
    :|

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

My mistake, @kash04! I overlooked your "except I use dropbox" comment. :blush: Sorry for the confusion.

If your 1Password data is complete on the Mac, I'd disable Dropbox sync in 1Password for Mac, accepting it offer to delete the .agilekeychain "package" from Dropbox, re-enable Dropbox sync in 1Password for Mac, let Dropbox sync the new .agilekeychain folder up to your private dropbox.com web site and down to your PC, and then open that new .agilekeychain folder in 1Password for Windows.

I hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member

sorry about the delay in response, Didnt work :( I turned it off, 1 Password on mac had deleted the folder, dropbox synced the deleted folder, then restored it and dropbox resycned everything and pc still says the same thing :| Do you think i can do a backup restore?

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member

k that was a little weird, restored the pc one from the latest backup and then changed vault location to dropbox, so far everything is working on the pc, i'll try the mac later tonight when i get home!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I turned it off, 1 Password on mac had deleted the folder, dropbox synced the deleted folder, then restored it and dropbox resigned everything

This sounds like you restored the deleted folder. Do you mean you re-enabled Dropbox syncing in 1Password for Mac (as instructed above) or you restored the deleted folder from Dropbox (which would simply take you back to the problem state)?

restored the pc one from the latest backup and then changed vault location to dropbox

This means you weren't using Dropbox sync on the PC, because the Move to Dropbox button would've been disabled if you had been.

As you can see, I'm confused by what seem to be conflicting statements. Let us know if you get things resolved.

Thanks!

• kash04
    kash04
    Community Member

I turned it off, 1 Password on mac had deleted the folder, dropbox synced the deleted folder, then restored it and dropbox resigned everything

Sorry here is that clarified.
    Turned off dropbox sync, waited for dropbox to sync the deleted folder to the cloud. then reenabled dropbox sync in 1password, waited until dropbox re-sycned the new folder
    then i tried to open that keychain on the pc, it was the same error.

What fixed it was i restored a backup backup keychain on the pc, manually deleted the old keychain in dropbox and then enabled dropbox sync on the pc. everything on the mac is still working, since it was already configured to use dropbox keychain

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That could be good news, @kash04, but—given the state things were in—I'd recommend making very sure I had my 1Password data backed up on the PC and the Mac, first, and running a test to make sure they're syncing properly: In 1Password for Windows, create a Secure Note item (simple, but not empty), and make sure it appears in 1Password for Mac; and vice versa.

This discussion has been closed.